Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 129952 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #300
Quote from: vinnietbird;391254
Great looking engine. I'll post mine when I'm done with the new upper intake.

yeah but Vin the thread is "Show your engine now !!!!!!" not "Show your engine when you're done with the new upper intake !!!!"  :D :flame: ;)
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #301
But when I do post the pic, it'll be "now". Besides, my engine is dirty, dirty , dirty. But I'll post one tomorrow anyway.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #302
Mine on the day after Carlisle.
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #304
Mine.  I see these are old pics.
Mike

Reply #305
1Bad88tbird

Looks good. How'd you do?

It would seem I took 2nd Place in the 83-87 Turbo Coupe category. At least that what it says on the list posted on Carlisles website. :D
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #306
That's good. You didn't stay to get your plaque? My buddy got first place in his class with his Fusion.

Reply #307
I took another pic tonight of the engine after redoing the harness and converting to manual brakes, will post it later.
Donnie
10 Second NA TBird
Fredericksburg Va

Reply #308
Hey thunderjet did you actually install PRC in your car or just stick the caps on there to cover up the ugly strut ends?
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #309
Quote from: vinnietbird;344072
READ THIS>>>>

Since it's not a technical deal, I am posting this thread here. Show off your engines everyone. Pretty, ugly, in the middle, whatever. Only Our cars ( FOX THUNDERBIRDS AND COUGARS ONLY). No other cars allowed. No transmissions,suspension, etc. All engines. No other subject matter allowed. We have plenty of other threads for that. Engines only. I'll start right now with a pic you've seen before.........

0_0  DATZ NYCE!!! VERY CLEAN...Have you ran 1/4 mile yet? Or dyno? What numbers is she runnning..?        ,,,,,,,

GT40-P
-Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
-Trick Flow valve springs
-Ported and nicely worked "P" heads
-1.7 Crane Gold roller rockers
-BBK unequal length shorty headers
-polished "FPV" Explorer intake with fabbed cover plate
-chromed aluminum tall valve covers
-65mm throttle body
-EGR delete
-3G alternator
-smog delete

0_0  DATZ NYCE!!! VERY CLEAN...Have you ran 1/4 mile yet? Or dyno? What numbers is she runnning..?        ,,,,,,,

Reply #310
Quote from: sarjxxx;391446
Hey thunderjet did you actually install PRC in your car or just stick the caps on there to cover up the ugly strut ends?

Just the covers as they make the strut towers look better. Besides the PRC system shocks are unavailable now.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #311
Now with Maximum Motorsports strut tower brace!
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #312
That wiper motor assembly is lookin a little rusty ;) :flame:
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #313
Quote from: sarjxxx;391537
That wiper motor assembly is lookin a little rusty ;) :flame:

That is the original factory gold cadmium plating :).

The wipers themselves are almost ten years old. I think I've used them 3 or 4 times in ten years.

Reply #314
What about that master cyl and brake booster? Ever get those cleaned up?
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L