Skip to main content
Topic: Take it apart and put it back together for no reason!!! (Read 12961 times) previous topic - next topic

Take it apart and put it back together for no reason!!!

Reply #75
Buuuuut I don't like them period!!!!! Waaaaah. I gotta just shoot the hub dust covers black as well as the rear axle shaft ends and get chrome or black lug nuts. The caps just look too "bubbly" for me I guess. Ruins the wheel, which is much more edgy-looking. I know, they're supposed to be there and it looks like something is missing LOL. Maybe I'll pull my head outta my ass someday.

"Dom DeLoiuse? He used to be a chef...on TV. But NOW he just sits at home...with his ass, up his ASS!!!!!" -Danny the Tourettes Guy
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #76
Quote from: ZondaC12;380033
Buuuuut I don't like them period!!!!! Waaaaah. I gotta just shoot the hub dust covers black as well as the rear axle shaft ends and get chrome or black lug nuts. The caps just look too "bubbly" for me I guess. Ruins the wheel, which is much more edgy-looking. I know, they're supposed to be there and it looks like something is missing LOL. Maybe I'll pull my head outta my ass someday.

"Dom DeLoiuse? He used to be a chef...on TV. But NOW he just sits at home...with his ass, up his ASS!!!!!" -Danny the Tourettes Guy

F*CK YOU KID, YOU'RE GROUNDED! (why dad?) BECAUSE YOU DON'T THINK THE GARBAGE DISPOSAL SOUNDS LIKE CHEWBACCA TAKING A SH*T

lmao.. tourettes guy is the MAN.. have you ever seen the video where they dub danny's voice into a billy mays commercial? if you like danny, you will die laughing
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #77
A billy mays commercial. Oh my god. I will definitely look that up when I get home today lol
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #78
Quote from: ZondaC12;380033

Without the caps it is not "stock" appearing ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #79
Yeeeeeaaaaah IIIIIII know. It's a struggle within. I am most certainly an automotive hypocrite from time to time. Nobody endorse me, the scandal will be on the news soon enough!!!

(metallica reference lol)

Reply #80
This is also coming from the guy who replaced the stock 14" wire wheels with Turbo Coupe wheels, because the wire wheels suck and I'm pretty sure the car would fry them off fairly easily. My car is not completely stock appearing on the outside, just close enough to fool people ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #81
Quote from: nbzimmer;379806
I'd also be interested to know the purpose off the swiss cheese, if there is one.

In all technicallity the holes were actually designed for a puropse other than aggrivating us. Theyre a ton of crumple zones. If you hit somthing hard enough it is sopposed to somewhat deflect the damage away from the cabin/firewall. They will buckle instead of force their way straight back.

Car is lookin' rather nice boss

Reply #82
Thanks kid :)

Quote from: thunderjet302;380286
This is also coming from the guy who replaced the stock 14" wire wheels with Turbo Coupe wheels, because the wire wheels suck and I'm pretty sure the car would fry them off fairly easily. My car is not completely stock appearing on the outside, just close enough to fool people ;).

No you should put them back on and be like the Aussies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru13iW4eajY build a 600 horse motor then put...like...emergency donuts on the back so the car whips around uncontrollably and burns them away in 2 seconds :rollin:

Reply #83
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;380294
In all technicallity the holes were actually designed for a puropse other than aggrivating us. Theyre a ton of crumple zones. If you hit somthing hard enough it is sopposed to somewhat deflect the damage away from the cabin/firewall. They will buckle instead of force their way straight back.
Geez, I hope I don't hit anything.... I'm crumple-less..

Nice Patch Pauly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #84
BAHH crumple zones. They're not old enough to escape that buzzword. Oh well.

Thanks for the kudos, I'm so happy with what he did. I like to think he's an Albany-area Jerry. LOL
I suppose a customary final pic of the engine bay before it gets re-united with its engine is necessary. Forgot to scrub up right by the passenger hood hinge. I got a lot cleaned in there, this stuff caked on is more like GLUED on. Straight Purple Power works but it sure doesn't just wipe off. Definitely an improvement over what it once was. Can't wait to see it full! Brake lines are back in, everything is set up, ready for the install. Wires and such organized and up out of the way. Kinda shocking how simple it all is compared with a NEW car...though you could make the same argument against a CFI car or late 70s carbed vehicle what with vacuum lines and hoses going EVERYwhere.

Reply #85
Heck yeah man, it cleaned up nice!!

Reply #86
My friend and his dad are on their way over to commence the re-animation....pics later! :)

Reply #87
Quote from: ZondaC12;380434
My friend and his dad are on their way over to commence the re-animation....pics later! :)

I'll wait right here :)
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #88
And the excitement only gets worse from here lol

Reply #89
Wow, you don't play around!!