Skip to main content
Topic: Take it apart and put it back together for no reason!!! (Read 12962 times) previous topic - next topic

Take it apart and put it back together for no reason!!!

Reply #90
Hell no, not when everything's there ready to go! :) And especially when those two are there, if I'm slackin' they kick my ass into gear LOL.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #91
Quote from: ZondaC12;380442
And the excitement only gets worse from here lol

The guy who was working the spray wand when your car went down the line did a good job of painting the firewall. It actually has paint all the way to the bottom, something I don's see on most of these cars.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #92
If ya don't look at the TRANNY TUNNEL bwaahahaaha

Seriously though I guess I haven't seen enough empty bay pics. I felt like this thing was bad lol. The frame rails close to the front are pretty much just gray. Then again, my friend's dad saw many GM cars in his dealership work days come in looking far worse than mine!! Jeez....
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #93
Keep up tthe good progress!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #94
Looking good!

Reply #95
I just noticed you're missing something. There should be a decal on the driver's side valve cover with info about the engine. My stock valve covers had one.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #96
Yeeeahhh...I threw that the hell out. Was partly missing, real fragile, I just said eff it. Was kinda pissed off but can't win 'em all right? I still have to find a way to replicate the emissions diagram. That's all shiznitty. They're real specific and have a specific three or four digit alphanumeric in the corner based on year and stuff. And some cars have colors in the lines, etc. I could definitely photoshop something, but I need to see it exactly. And of course taking a picture straight on won't do well, the arc of the shroud would probably screw it up. I guess I could play around with it if someone took a good picture.

Reply #97
Quote from: ZondaC12;381081
Yeeeahhh...I threw that the hell out. Was partly missing, real fragile, I just said eff it. Was kinda pissed off but can't win 'em all right? I still have to find a way to replicate the emissions diagram. That's all shiznitty. They're real specific and have a specific three or four digit alphanumeric in the corner based on year and stuff. And some cars have colors in the lines, etc. I could definitely photoshop something, but I need to see it exactly. And of course taking a picture straight on won't do well, the arc of the shroud would probably screw it up. I guess I could play around with it if someone took a good picture.

You can use this for your emissions decal: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/OS-DF1115/1987-Mustang-50L-Emission-Decal . I used the one for an 88 Mustang on my T-bird. It has the HO firing order, but that's correct for both of our cars now ;).

This *might* work for your valve cover: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/OS-DF1415/1986-Mustang-Gt-Engine-Code-Decal-Aod

I could try taking a picture of the decal on my stock valve covers if you want. I think it's about 90% intact.

Reply #98
Wow. They have that thing!!!?  LOL. I guess what I need to do is buy one of those mustang shroud stickers...or even the Tbird one on ebay (someone is making other 80s ford vehicle emissions stickers, I was looking through em one night) and scan it in, and change the bottom left corner code and anything else I can still read on my original. I think that would work.

That engine sticker could also be easily photoshopped. Take a picture or just post here what it says. The format is right there to see on their sticker.

Reply #99
here's the one from the parts bird.... just make one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #100
Exactly. Bam. Thanks a lot Jerry!!!

Reply #101
Got the trans in Friday night. Converter came in the mail and I couldn't resist. Sure funny looking at the thing, it looked lost in the bellhousing, and you can't help but say "I paid all that money for this y little thing?" :giggle:

No reason why I couldn't get it ready to fire next weekend, see how motivated I get LOL. I don't know why I'm not chomping at the bit more to drive it. Shouldn't have bought that black thing...

Reply #102
what did you get for it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #103
oh wait... is it in your sig?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #104
Another Dirty Dog converter lol. This time direct from THEM, stalled to ironically, what my sig says or thereabouts. I was probably wasting torque in fact with a 3000 RPM stall, which is what the secondhand one I had turned out to do in my car. But this is a lightER 9.5" non-lockup that is reinforced and can withstand the 6200 redline of a 5.0. And there was evidence of ballooning on the other one, the flexplate bolt heads can be seen imprinted on the converter face slightly. That's really the only reason I bought this thing. $550 for 700 rpm, safely with no shrapnel. I guess it's worth it LMAO