Skip to main content
Topic: Took a trip to the closest Boneyard. (Read 5492 times) previous topic - next topic

Took a trip to the closest Boneyard.

Reply #45
Quote from: Whiteboy;317311

This thing is gunna be REALLY hard to paint if i ever decide to...the individual little pipes would be a pain to get into.

And yes only for $100 cash. lol.

I have a cast GT40 upper that is easy to paint. I'll trade it to you for the tubular GT40 upper;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #46
hahaha Im sorry but I have come to love these little tubes.... :rolling: They kinda grow on ya.

Reply #47
haha im sorry I cant part with these things :hick: they grew on me. lol. Anyway, I think the throttle body attached to it needs to go, its been modified but it doesnt look pretty...at all, it has big bare spots where someone got PO and took a wrench to it it looks like...lol but i saw it run and i know it works fine.... If i buy a BBK 70mm, itll work with a H.O. eec right?

Reply #48
The 70mm t-body will work,but a 65 is plenty for these engines with very mild mods to them.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #49
Post up a close up pic of the throttlebody for me.I'd like to see it and the damage.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #50
ok hold on ill take a quick pic. and ok ill stick to a 65

Reply #51
Alright Here is everything, the cold air intake too. It looks alright in there. lol shiny :mullet:

the intake is kinda scuffed up on that corner, idk what the heck he did to it but i think itll clean up. Also, does that T-body look alrite to you? I dunno if ill keep it...

Reply #52
You have the air filter in wrong.The plate mounts to the inner fender,and the filter goes inside the inner fender (between the fender and inner fender) for cold air.

That throttlebody is fine.The EGR needs to be replaced though.Those mat=rks on the throttlebody are more than likely where someone tapped with some tool to break it free from whatever intake it originally came off of.It's fine,though.

Reply #53
yeah I know that it isnt cold air right now. its just there for now cuz i had about 20 minutes to put it on, I will probably change it tonite. and ok Just makin sure it looks alrite to ya'll.

Reply #54
I bought a set of BRAND NEW Yukon 94-98 Mustang 31 Spline Axles for 150.00 Shipped!

Not a JY find... But I'm broke and happy. :hick:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #55
still not bad lol. I just got my engine today lol Have it setting on a tired right now, Disassembly time tomorrow.... I already broke a torx and bent my other that i just bought, but the intake plate finally came off...lol.\
here are some quick pics i took before i had to go to work.

Reply #56
one of the biggest things i noticed was the valve covers, before i knocked on it i honestly thought it was plastic haha. I might just keep these but paint them.... anyone have any engine color ideas that no one has? If not im going with blue and chrome and dont care who else has it i like it haha. BTW my H.O. intake plate wont fit my GT40 intake so it looks like ill have to buy a pretty cobra one haha.

Reply #57
The stupid lower intake is practically welded to the block! I've worked for three days to pry this thing off and even when I beat it with a hammer and pry bar it stays put... Any ideas? All of the bolts are out the only thing that's appears to be holding it is the seal... In starting to lose patience. Any help?

Reply #58
Just slow down, look it over real good. There's something that you missed still holding it down. Don't worry, happens to us all once in awhile...lol
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #59
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;318660
Just slow down, look it over real good. There's something that you missed still holding it down. Don't worry, happens to us all once in awhile...lol

sometimes on reassembly too :P