Skip to main content
Topic: Took a trip to the closest Boneyard. (Read 5503 times) previous topic - next topic

Took a trip to the closest Boneyard.

Reply #15
Lol well i checked into that lincoln. Im going to buy the core engine for 125 bucks becasue he isnt sure if it runs or not. which i dont care because im not going to put it directly in, im taking off all the parts required for the conversion. BUT. I have another issue, this is a 1990 Lincoln Mark vII.... I dont think the Brain will work with my engine will it? I can get the brain outta it for another 35 bucks but i just want ask u guys first. Cool Cats only mentions up to 88 markVII's.... And if not, Anyone found a good brain they wanna sell? BTW, the headers for the H.O. look dinted, did they all do that when they were bent or are they not very good to use?

Reply #16
Quote from: Whiteboy;314752
Lol well i checked into that lincoln. Im going to buy the core engine for 125 bucks becasue he isnt sure if it runs or not. which i dont care because im not going to put it directly in, im taking off all the parts required for the conversion. BUT. I have another issue, this is a 1990 Lincoln Mark vII.... I dont think the Brain will work with my engine will it? I can get the brain outta it for another 35 bucks but i just want ask u guys first. Cool Cats only mentions up to 88 markVII's.... And if not, Anyone found a good brain they wanna sell? BTW, the headers for the H.O. look dinted, did they all do that when they were bent or are they not very good to use?

$125 is a bargain , the headers normally look like that,and they are fine for a stock HO
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #17
Quote from: hypostang;314756
and they are fine for a stock HO

The Brain or the headers? Yeah i almost jumped up outta the chair i was sitting in when he casually said 125.... i played it cool though haha. I think a little smirk made its way out eventually.

Reply #18
Quote from: Whiteboy;314758
The Brain or the headers? Yeah i almost jumped up outta the chair i was sitting in when he casually said 125.... i played it cool though haha. I think a little smirk made its way out eventually.

The headers , I dont know about the computer
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #19
Quote from: hypostang;314759
The headers , I dont know about the computer

Ok well ill wait for Vin or someone to read this... lol Im sure he is getting tired of telling me to slow down but im working 35+ hrs a week plus High School....work all weekend so i dont spend any money... im kinda burning holes here...i just cant wait to get my bird looking and running better and better...

Reply #20
Quote from: thunderjet302;313935
This better?;)

What no motorcraft battery tisk tisk:beatyoass: Now thats an engine bay worth having and i would say jerry will have one that shape by the work he's put into the body:bowdown:

Reply #21
I heard a guy mention something the other day and i kinda ignored it because i didnt really care, but it got me enough to ask you guys, why would we delete our plastic fan for an aluminum, isnt it just as light? also here is a picture of a little thin I found in a junkyard, turns out the 86 Cougar lived!!! the guys passed it up and set it on top of a chevy van, so i climbed up and found a peice that was in pretty good condition...

the far right has a little bottom round tab that has broken off, i didnt look hard but thats the only bad thing i found with it.

Reply #22
Also, here is my project im working on in High School, we are one of the only schools in the region to do personal work for people who pay for the materials used.

Reply #23
The eec (not "brain" this isn't anatomy lol) may or may not work, although I'd think it would. Probably be easier to get a DA1 from an '88 Stang 5.0. I have one in my Tbird, no issues whatsoever.

Ford Fuel Injection .com has a ton of crucial info you should peruse.

Just remember, if you plan to use an HO eec, you WILL NEED the cam, heads, 19# injectors, and the HO upper/lower intakes, as well as the HO tb. The SO shiznit will not cut it.

You can use the heads, HO upper and lower, and bigger tb for now, but when you want to use the eec, you'll need the cam, and injectors also.

Just make sure you don't run the 19 pounders on a stock SO, otherwise you'll run rich.

If I were you, and got the HO complete, I'd check the oil. If it was good, not too shabby, I'd turn the engine over with a socket on the crank/balancer nut. If it turns over (in other words not seized) I'd just grab the eec you need, and run the  thing.

Then, if I had money left, I'd grab the rear from said Linc and slap it under there...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #24
The Mark VII computer will work.I used everything from a Mark VII as my first H.O engine swap.Very straight forward.If you're converting your current engine,you can get away with the cam,intake,injectors,and computer.The heads are optional.The '86 Stangs had the same E-6 heads.Not great heads by any means,but,the car would still haul.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #25
Well the mark vii has every h.o. Part required already in it. If the EEC does work I'll have the conversion for 125 bucks. I don't wanna use te whole engine cuz there was a rat the size of a horse living in it.

Reply #26
Quote from: Whiteboy;314855
I'll have the conversion for 125 bucks.

Pretty hard to beat that price. Can you get the whole car?

Try to get the H pipe...if it's halfway decent.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #27
A rat living in it,or ON it.On it wouldn't matter because you're going to use all of your current harness.Although,if you can get the headers and H-Pipe,I would get the O2 harness.It's longer than ours for the headers.Otherwise you'll need to lengthen the Bird's harness for the O2 sensors.If the engine was cheap enough,I'd grab it,just the long block,leave the accessories behind to save a few bucks,and go from there.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #28
Lol no a/c and the accessories, but evrything that makes the engne run will be 125 dollars.

Reply #29
Don't rely want the whole car cuz the roof has been crushed semi-in... In a v shape. Lol and it's. Lincoln man common. What exactly is the h pipe?