Skip to main content
Topic: Took a trip to the closest Boneyard. (Read 5491 times) previous topic - next topic

Took a trip to the closest Boneyard.

Well im going to start going to all the boneyards near me to find anything... Here is what a local place that used to be nice before it sold out to a big "thinker" had yesterday....two lincolns and a cougar....

First, this is the part i went out looking for....never found it...the far left side is broke off....see.

this is my engine. also what i came for....buuut...i found it in a lincoln....H.O. stuff

some kinda nice lincoln rims...

Oh by the way... the cougar was in line for the Monster truck show that night....everything was perfect in it...:punchballs:

Can anyone tell me what all i should take off the H.O. to help the conversion process go by faster? or should i just try to buy the whole car off him so i can deal with it at home?

Reply #1
Oooh that Linc's air filter box still has the motorcraft sticker on it :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
lol is that a good thing? mine does too but its starting to peel on the corners...

Reply #3
Quote from: ZondaC12;313895
Oooh that Linc's air filter box still has the motorcraft sticker on it :hick:

Quote from: Whiteboy;313897
lol is that a good thing? mine does too but its starting to peel on the corners...

Just buy one from late model resto. That's what I did and it cost me a whole $5.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #4
ive been looking for an intake manifold like that for a while...where'd u get it? i love the blue...the plans for my engines colors are to be chrome and blue like that as much as possible.

Reply #5
You should grab the headers from the Lincoln,and the upper intake assembly.They are better than the stock 5.0 uppers,and the throttlebody is a little bigger as well.Just swap the upper,T-Body and spacer directly over......and the headers...and maybe the Lincoln's H-Pipe....with hollowed cats....yes,that's it.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Quote from: Whiteboy;313901
ive been looking for an intake manifold like that for a while...where'd u get it? i love the blue...the plans for my engines colors are to be chrome and blue like that as much as possible.

I got it off a 5.0 Explorer. It's a cast GT40 intake.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #7
Quote from: Whiteboy;313901

That's a Ford explorer intake he painted and detailed.I have the same intake,but I polished mine.Nice stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #8
Thunderjet stop posting that G-D engine bay!! :mad: :rollin:

And let it be known I ordered not one but ****TWO***** of those stickers from 50resto, back last summer when I made a huuuuge deal out of the fact that I absolutely-gotta-have one on my airbox, and everyone directed me there. I of course ha to have another to sit in my toolbox unopened JUST IN CASE!!!! :hick:

They do tend to dry out and curl and peel off and fly away.
Im just such a big fan of it that I had to point out that it's intact. LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #9
That Mark VII looks like a 1990 titanium SE
The Lincoln guys would love to get their hands on some of that car  :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #10
Quote from: ZondaC12;313910
Thunderjet stop posting that G-D engine bay!!

I saw some rust on the radiator fins, in that pic.:shakeass:

JK.... that engine bay is incredible.  I will get close to that pretty someday.:evilgrin:
Mike

Reply #11
I have a couple of those vac trees. pm me if interested.
John

Reply #12
Quote from: ZondaC12;313910
Thunderjet stop posting that G-D engine bay!! :mad: :rollin:

Quote from: mcb82gt;313930
I saw some rust on the radiator fins, in that pic.:shakeass:

JK.... that engine bay is incredible.  I will get close to that pretty someday.:evilgrin:

This better?;)

Reply #13
Haha I'm very unterested. As soon as I get to my desktop I'll pm u.

Reply #14
If you can, get the whole engine from that Linc...IF it runs, and doesn't have half a million miles, that is.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)