Skip to main content
Topic: Took a trip to the closest Boneyard. (Read 5490 times) previous topic - next topic

Took a trip to the closest Boneyard.

Reply #30
this.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #31
lol well i was on my iTouch or i wul have looked it up.... and with the headers i shouldnt just keep my straight-to-Glass packs? lol

Reply #32
The Mark VII H-Pipe will have cats.I hollowed mine out and used nice turbo lers and the sound was great.Deep and serious.LOL.Do you have the H.O cam already? As far as accessories.All of the ones on the stock motor are just fine.The Mark VII used a different alternator bracket (larger alternator).So,to sum things up,

What do you have already?

What are you getting from the Mark VII?

Mark VII parts needed...
  injectors
  Intake assembly (upper intake,throttle body,spacer)
  E-7 heads (grab the factory aluminum valve covers as well)
  factory headers
  H.O cam
  ECM
  H-Pipe (bolts right to the headers,fits our chassis)
  Dip stick tube (grab it,they are getting harder to find anyway)

Keep all of the bolts you pull off...headers,intake,timing cover,etc. Timing cover bolts are widely know to snap off,and the header bolts are different than the stock exhaust manifold bolts.

New parts....
  gaskets (intake,heads,valve covers,water pump/timing cover,headers,throttle body,oil  pan,rear main seal)
  fluids
  timing chain (double roller)
  water pump (now's the time to add a new one if yours is old)
  spark plugs for the E-7 heads
  oil filter

Also,an H.O or larger (higher flow) fuel pump would be good.

That's a good start.I think I hit it all....If not,someone add to the list.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #33
The eec, and possibly the wires for the O2 sensors (on my Mustang 5.0, they were different than my Tbird wires..not sure if the Mark7 is the same way.........)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #34
Lol my dad is gunna kill me when I mention the fuel pump!

Reply #35
For the O2 sensors,all I had to do was lengthen the O2 harness a few inches.EASY stuff there.For the EEC,the Mark VII computer is a direct swap.You'll need to swap the plug wires around,but that's nothing.No mods other than the exhaust and the O2 harness are needed.Everything else is literally a plug and play (or bolt on).

Where do you stand now on your parts?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #36
Quote from: daddybair7;314762
What no motorcraft battery tisk tisk:beatyoass: Now thats an engine bay worth having and i would say jerry will have one that shape by the work he's put into the body:bowdown:

That is beautimous!

Reply #37
OMG OMG OMG I feel like a school girl right now guys!!!!!!

I was at an Easter get-together and a guy who recently wrecked his stang sold me his GT-40 Intake AND BBK Cold Air Intake for $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That with the deal im getting on that engine (yes, vinnie everything u mentioned goes with it except the fuel pump and prolly H pipe) for $125 means im saving HUGE BUCKS!!!!!!!!

WHOO haha im really excited now.

Reply #38
If the excitement level is that high,I'd think that pictures are a requirement.

Reply #39
Lol I'll post em up as soon as I get a chance. I should have everything by this weekend, the junkyard guy is pretty slow at pulling engines.

Reply #40

This thing is gunna be REALLY hard to paint if i ever decide to...the individual little pipes would be a pain to get into.

And yes only for $100 cash. lol.

Reply #41
Great score ...congrats
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #42
A tubular GT40 intake for $100!!! You stole it.:bowdown: Congrats.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #43
If you ever want to double your money back on the intake, I'm interested. Good score!
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #44
lol I installed the cold air intake today, lol its pretty tight fit but gosh i like the chrome.