Skip to main content
Topic: Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :) (Read 5165 times) previous topic - next topic

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

:repost: my apologies for coming across arrogant, was not my  intention....

This is my 88 LX Sport Elan, already had an EFI but I swapped for HO and T5 manual. I built the hood myself, It has many many mods. Still a work in progress making it faster and interior upgrades.

converted to reworked T5 manual Trans.
 Firestone air susp. w/electric FBSS switch, Hand built struts to allow extreme lowering
 BBK shorty equal length Headers,
dual flowmaster exh.,
pully kit,
cold air intake,
 gear drive
balanced aluminum drive shaft,
 custom electric cooling (out of Turbocoupe),
3:73 khaufman locker 8.8 rear diff.
 17' eagle alloy rims.
 frame connnecters,
custom fiberglass cowl hood,
 shaved everything no handles, locks or trunk latches/emblems (electric opening) inc gas filler relocation,
 custom front nose clip (purchased new from ford several years ago obviously a turbocoupe nose)),
custom gauges,
 frenched airbag switches,
Professional show quality Arctic White w/gold pearl paint,
Tint.
Custom interior features, colour matched dash and center console
power seats, power mirrors, Reccaro seats
remote start with keyless entry and very high end alarm system

more to add to list list but Im droning on....

Car is for sale if anyone is interested,

currently going to start making it faster for 1/4 mile....

right now runs mid-high 13's with not a lot done to the motor yet

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #1
That's a nice looking car.You did good work.I like the stance,but around here,a car that low would get killed on our roads.LOL.It looks great,though.Are you going to install the Bird in the header panel?Let's see the engine.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
looks nice man.
There are quite a few custom bird's and cat's here,have a look in the reader's rides section.
What did you use to tint the tails???

Reply #3
Very nice work!

Reply #4
im trying hard to resist the urge to pick your car apart based on three not-so-great pics in your intro thread, but i will tell you that a doing few body mods and an air suspension lands you far from the top of the list of "custom" thundercats on this site.

look around a bit, try to see past the ego you have displayed in your first posting. you will see some pretty done up cars, and well thought out rides.

btw, welcome to FTBCF and nice tbird. :birdsmily:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #5
Quote from: gumby;270613
im trying hard to resist the urge to pick your car apart based on three not-so-great pics in your intro thread, but i will tell you that a doing few body mods and an air suspension lands you far from the top of the list of "custom" thundercats on this site.

look around a bit, try to see past the ego you have displayed in your first posting. you will see some pretty done up cars, and well thought out rides.

btw, welcome to FTBCF and nice tbird. :birdsmily:

yeah I gotta agree with him...  These three guys (vinnie, Dominator, and gumby) all have totally custom rides, and Dominators ride would KILL your car with out him even trying....  (even though it looks stock with just a set of nice rims....)  so would Gumby's....
Big deal, you have a cowl hood and custom paint....  Dont get me wrong. I love that bird...  but you are far from the most custom bird on here....
Where do you get that your front clip is "custom"?  it is a stock TC front end....  :confused:

Reply #6

Agreed. Probably cause i cant stand arrogance. The car is very nice but as you have found out their isn't all that much you can do to them (without making them gody). Fort got them right. The hood is nice. That style hood is about the only i care fore outside of the turbo coupe hood. Air bags were a nice touch. I could see it being helpfull to change the ride height and 5.8FastCat has had alot of sucses with a setup like that. Beyond that everything is pretty run of the mill standard stuff. For basically an all show car its not bad.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #7
Hmm...British Columbia. Not too many people on this board from that location. Welcome!

Nice mods you've done. Any interior photos?

Reply #8
, I've been in Dominators car. It's petty scary ass fast, but looks stock.
I don't know if my car qualifies as custom or not yet. we'll have to see when it's all finished

I like the shaved look of your car.  Got any interior pics of it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
How about some under the hood pics? and list of engine mods.. High 13's is pretty good what was the mph and 60' time on that run

You said its for sale..How much is the car listed for?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
Nice bird man!!!!! More pics are a must!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #11
Quote from: gumby;270613

[SIZE="6"]Q
F
T[/SIZE]

Quite a few "sleepers" here...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #12
nice car welcome aboard.

more picks motor too

Reply #13
Jeez, got a little ego going on there? Thats not really a way to introduce yourself. I can't say that shaved handles/locks and air ride is terribly custom. There are some guys on here with awesome cars that ARE custom, apparently the search function was "beneath you".

Reply #14
i think you guys all tore him a new asshole to be honest lol. Nice "looking" car tho but looks are nothing it's under the hood that counts.