Skip to main content
Topic: Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :) (Read 5172 times) previous topic - next topic

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #15
I think hes just trying to sell the car here now that I think about it... that might be why the post or ad? reads so pen 15y?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #16
Yeah, arrogant and ignorant.  :mullet:
Just the type we want hanging around here.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #17
I'm not trying to bust your balls, you DO have a nice car, and nicely done..however, there's little aftermarket support, so when you install TC fans, and "color matched dash and console" well, we do tend to pick part that kinda thing...;)

I mean...well, do a search, there's a certain ...ahem...Cougar Vert that is probably more so a custom than most of the members here will ever own.

Hell, I've got a TC nose and wheel, and blah blah in my project...I'd NEVER use the word custom to describe any of what I've done..and why?
Because it's ALL otherwise stock parts from the same year (albeit a little different model) Thunderbird...

Stock parts do not a custom car make. :D

But like I said... nice car, but..if you have many more mods planned, why sell it? (I mean the part where you said it's for sale?)

oh hell, you probably won't come back anyway...nice car though. :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #18
Hope you guys don't mind a little show and tell of some of your cars.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #19
Quote from: daminc;270719
Hope you guys don't mind a little show and tell of some of your cars.

those look "CUSTOM" to me.................lol
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #21
Yeah, nothing custom on this site...

We've got at least two cars with Cobra IRS, one of which competes in SCAA racing...
At least one with an SN95 Mustang dash/interior
One with a Fox Mustang dash/interior
One with a supercharged 3.8V6 drivetrain from a Super Coupe
Three convertible Cougars, two of which either already are or are in the process of being heavily modified
A sickeningly fast, built-from-the-ground-up turbocharged V8 Cougar that has actually been featured in "Pinks"
A few supercharged 5.0 cars
Several stroker 5.0/5.8 Windsor cars
Several Big Block (429/460) cars
At least one twin turbo 5.0 Cougar
A couple of 5.0/3.8 T-Birds/Cougars converted to Turbo Coupe drivetrains (one of which has a SHO V6 swap well under way)

I could go on, if I had the time. But yeah, wheels, a cowl hood, and airbags sure trump all that...

I know, not a very warm welcome, but then again it wasn't a very nice introduction...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #22
Don't forget 5.8fastcat's car. 

Yours is nice, too.  Mine is all custom as well, but completely torn apart right now.
1987 TC

Reply #23
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;270731
I know, not a very warm welcome, but then again it wasn't a very nice introduction...

What he said. Dont take this as an insult but you came off on as a look at me, my car is the shiznit. Usually that leads to a I know everything attitude and we dont take well to that here. Just relax and enjoy the site. You dont have to prove anything to us to be accepted. Just be real, honest, and humble never hurts.

Nice looking car. Never was a fan of those rims though. More pics? Interior? Motor? Air set up? Future plans?

*EDIT*- ! I just read your title. Wow.... Your car is nothing close to "custom". Basic TC front, cowl hood, shaved and bagged, Im still not seeing what hasnt been done before....
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #24
Faded passenger headlamp...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #25
Quote from: V8Demon;270746
Faded passenger headlamp...

Uh, I've got that too, lol. :hick:
1987 TC

Reply #26
There's a difference. ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #27
I'm thinking this guy might not come back after that welcome.... I'm betting he probably just came off the wrong way.  At least it's not a v6 car with rust and a glasspack exhaust.... there's a very good amount of work put into the car.

Welcome.

Reply #28
Quote from: Ifixyawata;270756
I'm thinking this guy might not come back after that welcome.... I'm betting he probably just came off the wrong way.  At least it's not a v6 car with rust and a glasspack exhaust.... there's a very good amount of work put into the car.

Welcome.

Or a 460 AOD car with spinner hubcaps....
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #29
Quote from: Ifixyawata;270756

Welcome.

And you know that for sure how?:confused:  Where are the engine bay pics....:toilet: