Skip to main content
Topic: Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :) (Read 5173 times) previous topic - next topic

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #30
Quote from: DVP;270757
Or a 460 AOD car with spinner hubcaps....

He still comes on here. :iagree:

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #31
Nice looking car but like everyone else said, there are a TON of nice cars on here.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #32
I give up.  BAN HAMMER! BAN HAMMER! BAN HAMMER!

Reply #33
Nice car.

I don't really understand all the animosity.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #34
Quote from: Cougar5.0;270795
Nice car.

I don't really understand all the animosity.

I didnt either til I saw the whole title, maybe we all just feed off each other to make it to this point.

Quote from: custombird;270596
Im new here, But I dont see anything very custom yet. Check this out and let me know
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #35
Ignorance doesn't bother me - unless it is willful.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #36
The guy does have a nice looking car.  At least he's preserved a fox T-bird instead of butchering it or ruining it somehow.  I guess our ego's couldn't handle his title and I'm sure he didn't mean it in a negative light.

Hey now he should be well aware that there are many "custom" cars like his out there and maybe he will change his mind about selling it!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #37
Quote from: daminc;270719
Hope you guys don't mind a little show and tell of some of your cars.

WHAT?!! You must not know that these are all factory options from Ford... You guys are tricky trying to pass these off as "custom" :rollin: ;)
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #38
you know, to each their own, you have a nice looking ride there, BUT. if your modifications are only cosmetic and/or bolt on, although thats ok, dont get to high on the soap box or someone will come flying past you and knock you off of it.  that being said, I myself have fixed up a mustang doing a lot of the same mods, but in the end, a six cyl. is still a six cyl. 

of course the only thing I ever got done doing with mine was listening to other people try to pick it apart.  spent about 2yrs building her up, and only lasted about a month before I'd rather drive my old beater pickup into town so I wouldnt have to listen to peoples negative opinions.  I learned one important fact. it only has to please one person, the one who's name is on the title. just remember, theres always a faster car out there!

Welcome to the forum, its a nice ride, and keep up on the pics.  These folks cant get enough foxbody pics. lol
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

Reply #39
Quote from: HAVI;270749
Uh, I've got that too, lol. :hick:

Does a busted passenger window and missing rubber trim count? lol
86 Thunderbird TurboCoupe, 66 289 HI-PO, auto.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hoof beats may be faster than heartbeats, but birds are faster than ponies!

Reply #40
[SIZE="6"][/SIZE]Custombird      You were on yesterday at 5:23am...... why no replies man!!!!??????  If these guys got ya mad....... i wouldnt worry!!!! Youre bird is pretty nice!!!! And if you own one this IS the place to be!!!!! ignore the ones that irritate or annoy tou, and just enjoy the talks about the cars..... C'mon!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #41
I guess building a twin turbo kit from scratch does't count as custom or a two of a kind fiberglass grill or this list goes on. I guess we all have factory stock cars. Far from it! :beatyoass:

Reply #42
Now now folks.  I myself am new here, and while I understand the ruffled feathers about the title, it may not have been intended in the slanderous manner it has been taken by many of the responders to this thread.

I'd let the gentleman (or woman) in question at least respond in self defense before we the people get entirly too bandwagonny.

EDIT:  In other news, that turbo setup looks mean as hell.

Sorry, didnt mean that mine was MOST custom guys

Reply #43
Just meant I didn't see many custom, more was wondering if there were any around. I just stumbled across this site, and havent looked around much. I apologize for my ignorance. Yes I agree the pics I posted aren't very good, I will update when I take some more (raining these past few days) In regards top the stance someone wrote about, since there's air I can adjust about 12" in the rear and 6" or 7" in the front.

Custom.... well this would take awhile and when I get more pics you'll see, But its not just air for suspension to start, I remodeled the struts, by taking the lower bolt hole and remounting above the upper, carved out the spindle to allow the strut to drop through, cut the internal shaft and  reshouldered and re threaded to make shorter internally,(this was a secret until just now as to how to make a fox body extremely low, Ill just about guarantee my bird is one of the lowest in the world) this was several years ago when there wasn't much aftermarket, but I  believe there still aren't any lowering struts available. I installed a aftermarket 15:1 front rack with bump steer bushings, Frame connecters, polyurethane bushings, etc etc...
Rear end is a Khaufman products 8.8 with  31 spline wide axles (to maintain proper width), 3:73 gears...

As per remark about nose being stock  turbo, yes I did state that in brackets, however since mine isn't a turbo and never was, this makes it custom to this car, if thats not custom I apologize.

Most of the work I did about 7 years ago including paint and body, engine/tranny swap and so forth, bags went in about 3 years ago and has mostly been sitting for many years. It comes out about twice a year... :( no time... Recently Ive had more time so I will be messin around more.
Its in dire need of a resto, mostly the interier, carpet and a few minor repairs... I will post more pics as I go...
I look forward to checking out all your rides,

Hope this cleared a few things up and thanks for the compliments

Reply #44
thx masscougar, long day, had to repair my wiring harness, had a short from the ignition wire to the coil.... thought it was the fuel pump... good thing I checked some stuff before pulling the tank!!