Skip to main content
Topic: Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :) (Read 5176 times) previous topic - next topic

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #45
hey andrew, twin turbo is sick, And custom glass work is very cool, I built my hood by hand, its actually the stock hood, I cut it, lifted it, built steal sides and glassed it in. Absolutely one of a kind, Its fully functional and helps with the cooling. Since its so low it suffocates and needs all the air it can get.
2 questions, is that a 5 lug conversion or stock with 5 lug,(if so what is the best way to convert?) and was your car a turbo before or always 5.0?

Im new here, Looking forward to seeing all the cool cars and getting good ideas :)

Reply #46
BOB, 60ft time if I remember was about 9sec, and 105mph. Thats approx Ill have to find my timeslips. I think 3:73 locker helps, tho using street tires. Ordered some nitto drag radials, should help. Reaction time was .273, hoping to improve on that as well...

Reply #47
So whatcha got under that purty hood??!! :beatyoass:;)

None of the Fox Birds or Cougars ('80 through '88) were ever factory 5lug.
Only The TurboCoupe and '86 and older XR7 were Turbo.

Best way I can think of to go 5 lug is either to locate a 96 or so Stang GT, and grab the brakes, hubs, spindles etc.

There's several ways though, myself I have '88 TC spindles, and when I do the conversion, just gonna use newer Stang-type hubs and rotors and brakes. Out back can be a little more confusing though. If you have a TC '88, just grab rear axles for a 96-98 Stang GT...the brakes on those were discs though, that's the fuzzy gray area for me as of yet...search would probably land you more info than what I can provide.

Since you've modded your front susp. so much, I'm not sure what you'd want or need to work with that stuff...as the strut mounts are different between the two main types of spindles we'd normally encounter, in regards to 10" or 11" brakes...if you already have the 11" brakes...then it's not near the issue. It's late though, my brain hurts from work.

(you should loan me your car for my birthday..lol)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #48
ok, You guys are great! Ive never met anyone with as much passion about theirs cars as I do, and now I see many with maybe more!  I appreciate the criticism, however, I havent had the time to explain everything... And Ill have to get back to you over the next few days with answers and pics... Now, I see many have very custom rides, and custom is all in the eyes of the beholder. You all know how much blood sweat and tears goes into each and every project... So I think if it wasn't there the day it was manufactured... well, other than wheels and tint of course, then in a way its all custom.
And, saying I dont see anything very custom yet means exactly that, YET...  sorry if I offended some of you, I definitely take it back.

So... a couple more details before I head to bed...

Under the hood isnt spectacular, yet...

5.0 EFI was stock but I purchased a 93' stang that I think the previous owner had done some internal engine mods,

I swapped that out as well as my auto tranny for the T5 manual, BBK short equal length headers, X pipe, 40 series Flowmasters...

Pully kit, Short shift, K&N filter,

This is the base to start making it fast... the engine is a MASS air but Im running the speed density and I think the HO processor (cant remember what computer)

Near future plans are finish the mass air conversion, then cam intake and small stuff like that...

If I can figure out how to change the title of my thread I'll get to it...

Sorry again

Reply #49
The engine itself really doesn't mean so much in regards to Speed Density vs Mass Air...it's all about that meter, the wiring, and the eec running the whole show ;)

Sounds like you got yourself a nice little powerplant there though.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #50
The engine itself really doesn't mean so much in regards to Speed Density vs Mass Air...it's all about that meter, the wiring, and the eec running the whole show ;)

Sounds like you got yourself a nice little powerplant there though.

:ttiwwp:

well..more pics!!

IBTPW!!!!!!:rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #51
http://www.coolcats.net/

Look around over on ^Eric's site^. Should help answer some questions and give you some ideas.

Now that we have everything all cleared up youll like it around here.

Quote from: custombird;270855

If I can figure out how to change the title of my thread I'll get to it...

Sorry again

Click edit on your first post. Then click Go Advanced and you can edit it.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #52
Dam Jerry,don't let Ron know you went for a ride in my car,he'll shoot me.
LOL

Reply #53
oh that was someone else's car. never mind...:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #54
Hey I went for a ride in it too :D

Reply #55
Quote from: custombird;270853
BOB, 60ft time if I remember was about 9sec,

I could crawl 60ft in 9 seconds...

Reply #56
Quote from: dominator;270864
Dam Jerry,don't let Ron know you went for a ride in my car,he'll shoot me.
LOL

Yeah I knew that last year... BaXo rubbed it in my face.....  LOL.. WE have some talking to do Chris.....:beatyoass::brick::nutkick::macgun: :raspberry: :asshole:

Hahaha.:D:rollin:

Reply #57
I apologize for being a tool. You sound like a cool guy that just made a mistake. You are welcome here, and we DO like your car. I say stick with your car and put a little more love into it and see how you feel after that.

Reply #58
Np custombird.....glad they didint scare you away!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #59
Oh and as for the question about the for sale price... honestly I dont know... I had some offers a little while ago but the guys financing fell through.... any suggestions? How much do they sell for... Ive been saying for years Im gonna sell it, then I put it on the road to show someone, and then change my mind.... :)

I wouldn't ask that question unless you really want your feelings hurt ;0)
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~