Skip to main content
Topic: Havi's build thread of agonizing infinity (Read 11050 times) previous topic - next topic

Havi's build thread of agonizing infinity

Reply #45
Mine hasn't really changed, just...you know, I move like molasses in January. :rollin:

Kinda hard to do very much while I'm watchin' the little man lol.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #46
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;291528
Mine hasn't really changed, just...you know, I move like molasses in January. :rollin:

Kinda hard to do very much while I'm watchin' the little man lol.

time for another visit already? :D:D

Reply #47
Instead of a street/strip car like I had originally planned, it looks like it will end up as my daily driver.  Not a bad thing, really.  Jeep still runs, but it recently showed signs of transmission failure. :(  Just hope I get the car put together in time.  None of the other projects are nearly as done, so...
1987 TC

Reply #48
Finally sold the Saturn, and that freed up a bit to get an '84 Mustang GT K-member/arms/struts/etc... assembly (picked up last night).  Been a sucky October weatherwise.  Thought things over, and I'll continue with the original plan.  Since the yard-truck failed last Spring, and the Jeep still goes, I figure why not find a replacement yard truck, and not worry about needing a new DD in the gas/economical sense.
1987 TC

Reply #49
Good deal, glad you found your front stuff. A long time ago, in my sport thread, you asked about the blue parcel tray/rear deck carpet. Still want/need it? I hate to throw it out when it could be used, and you have dibs....I'll take some pics, but it's in pretty good shape. I also have some other blue stuff, but not sure exactly what and in what shape off the top of my head...you know...work was about 92 hours tonight lol
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #50
Well, I'm picking up where I left off.  I just have to remember where, lol.  Anyhow, got the car drug out of the woods, and up to the garage.
1987 TC

Reply #51
Well, finding it in the woods was a good start back into the project.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #52
Quote from: HAVI;296932
Finally sold the Saturn, and that freed up a bit to get an '84 Mustang GT K-member/arms/struts/etc... assembly (picked up last night).  Been a sucky October weatherwise.  Thought things over, and I'll continue with the original plan.  Since the yard-truck failed last Spring, and the Jeep still goes, I figure why not find a replacement yard truck, and not worry about needing a new DD in the gas/economical sense.

Hey I've got a 5.0L K member from my 88 XR7 you can pretty much have here in Iowa, if you want to come get it.  It's from a Texas car, so no rust.  PM me if you're interested.  There's a pic on Waterloo craigslist.

Reply #53
Glad to see you haven't lost interest in it. Have you done anything with the F1?

Reply #54
F1 is a bare frame waiting for sandblasting.  I was going to have the local bodyshop do it, but since decided to do it myself, as it should pay for itself in the end with all of the other projects in waiting.  I've been looking at the dual soda/sand blaster from Eastwood.

I recently picked up an F6 parts truck, and have been stripping that down for parts.  The fairlane is pushed outside so that the trailer I got recently can be finished, and put under that car.  That leaves me the Tbird to mess around with.  I have plenty of little things I can do such as rewiring, seats, interior trim, etc...
1987 TC

Reply #55
Quote from: daminc;323870
Well, finding it in the woods was a good start back into the project.

I wish I could find a Thunderbird in the woods!!!!! :( :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #56
As if it never left, lol.
1987 TC

Reply #57
"like"

lol :rollin:

Is it a TC with swapped wheels/struts, or just have TC molding on?
Looks like a good body :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #58
1987 TC.  I had stripped down an '87 XR7 some years ago now, and those are the wheels I threw on to roll it in.

An idea flashed in my rather dull brain on the motor mount problem, so I hope to get going on that part soon.
1987 TC

Reply #59
You've got the pre '86 K member right? Use that and stang mounts...or there's Chuck's, or fab up a plate..?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6