Skip to main content
Topic: lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics... (Read 9641 times) previous topic - next topic

lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics...

Reply #60
Patience will work wonders.Did you say the Cougar does,or does not have heat?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #61
Quote from: Budderigs;254160
on a side note does that t bird you have have heat...

I don't know, I've never tried the heat. I've only started it to move it around, I've never run it long enough for it to warm up. I do know the alternator is messed up. That's why the guy we bought it from quit driving it. The wire to the alt is fried, so that doesn't help.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #62
Quote from: vinnietbird;254161
Patience will work wonders.Did you say the Cougar does,or does not have heat?

my cougar has heat. the blower motor sucks... but the heat does work you just have to drive it 20 miles before the car get warm...
1981 ghia t-top: sed...
1983 cougar rb22 greddy turbo 5speed.

Reply #63
Quote from: FLSTCI71;254209
I don't know, I've never tried the heat. I've only started it to move it around, I've never run it long enough for it to warm up. I do know the alternator is messed up. That's why the guy we bought it from quit driving it. The wire to the alt is fried, so that doesn't help.

im going to talk to the wife about it tonight... things calmed down a little sense the other night so I can talk to her now.

Reply #64
i've read this whole thread just now and it's a ed shame how people talk to each other online compared to how they would in person. it took practically nothing to set everyone off. it's not impressing anyone to act like a jerk on an online forum. there's not even that many of us compared to the mustang and camaro guys. the least you'd think we'd have to show for it would be a sense of togetherness. i know it sounds cheesy, but it's the truth.

as for my opinion on budderig's coug, i'm still not sure if i'm a fan of the tc nose on it, but i give you props for trying it. maybe with a few more pics i could be convinced, but whatever... that's just my opinion. if you like it, go for it.
as for the engine, i'm not seeing the method to the madness either tbh. i'd have just went HO and mass air from the start. the speed density will run, but not nearly as well as it would with maf. i can vouch for the sputtering and falling on it's face under throttle, but do whatcha gotta do, pimpin'! :)
:cougarsmily:5.0 HO, E303 cam, Exploder/Cobra intake, smog pump delete, Ford Taurus electric fan, MAF conversion, BBK headers, MAC 2.5" off-road exhaust w/x-pipe, AOD w/shift kit, 8.8 Trac-Loc rear w/disc brakes, 5-lug conversion w/'98 Mustang GT 17" wheels, Mach 1 springs:cougarsmily:

Reply #65
:d

Reply #66
:laughing:
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #67
did the mass air swap. used a a9l ecu and a 70 mm mass with a bbk 70 mm throttle body with my ho intake. and I must say I am not impressed. power is about the same. throttle response at lower speeds is better. but idle sucks. it idles ok when it get up to operating temp.(190 degrees) but when cold it surges and stalls at stop lights. and no matter hot or cold it stalls when going from park neutral to a movement gear... reverse or drive. well I guess its time for a tune.... for the sd haters.... the sd ran better... noticed a 2 mpg increase on mpg going to the mass. but the sd seemed more reliable. started quicker, idled better and had the same wot power.

Reply #68
It's been proven time and time again that a stock cammed HO with stock or near stock everything else will run better with SD.
You have a b-cam so that's irrelevent....
Mass air is more forgiving and user friendly as you start to get more involved. 

It sounds as if you've done both the Mass Air swap and throttle body swap to the 70 mm uni at the same time.

the sd ran better... noticed a 2 mpg increase on mpg going to the mass. but the sd seemed more reliable. started quicker, idled better and had the same wot power.

I believe your issues lie more with getting the TPS and IAC dialed in with the throttle body then with the Mass Air if you didn't overlook something on the MAF swap -- it happens....

Did you check for codes?
Run a vacuum test?
Did you disconnect the vacuum line to the MAP/BAP sensor and cap the manifold side?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #69
Quote from: V8Demon;256698
It's been proven time and time again that a stock cammed HO with stock or near stock everything else will run better with SD.
You have a b-cam so that's irelavent....
Mass air is more forgiving and user friendly as you start to get more involved. 

It sounds as if you've done both the Mass Air swap and throttle body swap to the 70 mm uni at the same time.

I believe your issues lie more with getting the TPS and IAC dialed in with the throttle body then with the Mass Air if you didn't overlook something on the MAF swap -- it happens....

Did you check for codes?
Run a vacuum test?
Did you disconnect the vacuum line to the MAP/BAP sensor and cap the manifold side?

this is about where I am at....

the vac line is disconnected. I have not checked the vacuum at the intake. power brakes work so it has 15inchs at least.

no codes.

I have tryed other throttle bodys and maf's. with no change.
I wish my da1 tweecer would work with the mass setup but my supplier says that it wont. but he did say he would trade it in for an a9l tweecer.

honestly if I wasnt going to boost it.... and I knew that there would be such a small difference in performance I would have just left it sd. tuning it was a breeze. and parts are dirt cheep.

Reply #70
I'm planning the same deal man just hang in there.

Reply #71
the c4 went out on friday so I put another boneyard c4 in there... and it was bad from the get go... so I bought a t5. it will go in sometime next week. got the new t-coupe rear end in over the weekend, I will have to take some pictures later I dont have any now.

Tweecer issue

Reply #72
Quote from: Budderigs;256708

I wish my da1 tweecer would work with the mass setup but my supplier says that it wont. but he did say he would trade it in for an a9l tweecer

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you flash the tweecer with a new file to match the a9l? Use a computer connected to the usb of the tweecer and read the eec catch code then upload it to the tweecer. It was on my vehicle idling on the tweecer but may have fried when I accidently disonnected and connected it with the key on. :mad: Imho there is no reason to have a tweecer if you can't change the parameters or use different processors. It appears the tweecer is a very powerful tuning tool, but there was like a bunch of stuff going on the laptop and I was careless :punchballs:

Let me know if you get yours working  :burnout:

Mike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

Reply #73
5 speed swap is mostly complete...

Reply #74
I think I found out why the heater didnt work...