Skip to main content
Topic: lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics... (Read 9639 times) previous topic - next topic

lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics...

Reply #90
Quote from: 86XR7project;262222
When did 2 doors get C pillars? Four doors have A, B and C pillars, 2 doors only have A and B pillars. :flame:

i thought pillars were what kept the roof up.  there's 3 unless you want to cut the middle pillar off a cougarbird and call it a "no-post?"  :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #91
Yeah i guess i brain farted that one huh? Four doors have an A, B, C and D pillar. My bad.

Reply #92
unless you make yours into a hardtop ;)
1987 TC

Reply #93
well summers coming and I got sick of driving a mediocre car... so I went and bought a sn vr4 supercharger kit... it is installed now and is running good. good enough to completely and totally decimate a marauder with bolt ons... he tryed to pull a ricer flyby on me after I walked him from a stop... I waited till he was up to my door before I hit it... and I just destroyed him.... bad...

1981 ghia t-top: sed...
1983 cougar rb22 greddy turbo 5speed.

Reply #94
Quote from: HAVI;263254
unless you make yours into a hardtop ;)

you forgot, in no time at all...

Reply #95
Quote from: Grumbles;263015
Rage thread is filled with rage.

YES!!!

Seriously, get that TC nose painted and fill in the bird on it and it will blend nicer.  Nice to see it's up and running as well as quick.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #96
Quote from: Budderigs;263310
well summers coming and I got sick of driving a mediocre car... so I went and bought a sn vr4 supercharger kit.

That's pretty  cool...good work man!:bowdown:

Quote from: Grumbles;263131
Personally I think getting a combustion engine to work at ALL with ford factory parts is impressive :o

Personally, I've heard of rather quite a few GM, Dodge, blah blah engines not being worth the time it takes to bad mouth them.
Why you gotta come shiznit on someone else's parade, anyway?
And one last thing...there's well more than just one "kind" of combustion engine, but I'm rather sure Ford only ever dabbled with the Internal Combustion variety...:flip:;)
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #97
found this sitting in a buddys garage. picked it up for a good price... after a little clean up and a shot of paint it is ready to be bolted to the afr 165's I have coming...

Reply #98
Thats awesome.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #99
Looks pretty cool in black.

Reply #100
time to finish the body.

Reply #101
Hey Bud, lookin' good. How was the front bumper, did it sand out okay? Either way, everything is sure looking great in the pics!!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #102
Quote from: FLSTCI71;266666
Hey Bud, lookin' good. How was the front bumper, did it sand out okay? Either way, everything is sure looking great in the pics!!

it is,was covered in cracks after I sanded it. it might be ok it might not... to soon to say. it is in paint now and the paint turned out good. the queston is will it stay that way...

Reply #103
Finally the bird is gone! Should look a little more at home now. Looking good!

Reply #104
body work is done... I put a mercury badge on the front header... I liked it when I put it there... but looking at it now it is just hideous looking I think I will take it off...