Skip to main content
Topic: lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics... (Read 9642 times) previous topic - next topic

lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics...

Reply #30
Quote from: Sick88Tbird;246356
Assumption will absolutely own you when you try to drive it.  We are all trying to HELP you by giving you tips to reduce future aggrivation.  It will run pig fat rich all the time as you said...but only until a certain RPM, when it will run out of fuel...by severely restricting the engine with log manifolds and a SO upper plenum/throttle body, you're not "evening" things out...put some shorties on it, at least an HO upper/TB and mass air the thing, then it'll run nice.  If you try and drive it, I guarantee it'll pop, spit and bang the whole time...if you can even keep it running under a load...I didn't see if you specified auto or 5-speed, but I'm assuming auto...and if that's the case, have fun trying to two-foot it all around.

If you want to do a half-assed build, that's fine...but when people are trying to help, there really isn't a reason to get pen 15y about it just because it idled like  for 20 seconds.

Regardless of which direction you go with it, good luck.

-Don

pen 15y, read the fricken thread and STOP assuming. I am trying to find a mass air computer the sd is there to get it running. I have all the parts to complete this setup but it wont matter this engine isnt going to stay in the car, this is my spare I am building another engine that will go in once I get the buggs worked out. im not some punk with no idea of what I am doing and I am not asking for your help. I got the help I wanted this thread is to show the progress of the project.
1981 ghia t-top: sed...
1983 cougar rb22 greddy turbo 5speed.

Reply #31
Yea your a punk.
Read your own thread,you said you where using a complete stock So intake/exaust setup and those rocker covers look like SO to me,You'll never get close to 230 let alone 200 at the wheels more like 150 if your lucky.
What are you trying to keep together by bottlenecking the intake and exaust????????????
A stock HO bottom end will handle 5-600hp believe me i know,mine has lived through it for the past 3yrs.
You also have way the wrong cam especially for an auto,and it won't drive at all properly on an SD setup.
Your very confused if you think you have the right combo or think you will be able to run turbo's sucssesfully,take it from someone whose done the research and runs a blown 5.0L
You don't know the half of it but hey,enjoy your paper weight when it goes BOOM HAHAHAHAHAHa.
WOW i just read your profile your a technician LOL,must not take much to be a tech down there LOL.

Reply #32
Quote from: Budderigs;245842
nope. stock and stock... at least for now. just smoothed the opening... I hope this will be enough of a bottle neck to keep the block together until I get a new engine built... right now I am just going to get it going with 19 pounders and speed density ecu. when I get the twins I will go up to 60 pounders and larger lines plus a a9p ecu and mass setup. I hope to put about 230 whp down na on 87 octane and about 500 whp on corn with 19psi...

I am assuming nothing, what the reader gains from this particular post is that you plan on driving the car like this until you get your turbo's THEN mass air it....those are YOUR words...

"...right now I am just going to get it going with 19 pounders and speed density ecu."  -that conveys the message that you plan to drive it as the motor is

"when I get the twins I will go up to 60 pounders and larger lines plus a a9p ecu and mass setup"  -from this sentence it appears that you plan on waiting to do mass air until you go the turbo route

then in post #15, you said you were still looking for a mass air ECU...but that doesn't say much contrary to your previous post that I just dissected...you also said in this thread that the restrictive heads and intake will make plenty of power with turbos...so you don't even plan to run a friggin' HO upper with boost? 

There are a hell of a lot of twists and turns in your posts on this thread...the general consensus that you think the motor will run fine the way you set it up.

I am NOT trying to cause an arguement...we are trying to help you out. If we ALL see a problem with your combo, of course, we're going to make recommendations...I'm just looking for the straight story...this project has turned 5 different ways since this thread started...just by reading your posts we can see that.

Good luck with those stock rods and crank...btw, you didn't say anything about building another engine in the IMMEDIATE future, hence our advice.

Good luck,
Don
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #33
Good luck with those stock rods and crank

Same pieces as HO......all things being equal; the block will grenade first followed by the crank.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #34
Quote from: V8Demon;246526
Same pieces as HO......all things being equal; the block will grenade first followed by the crank.

I'm aware of this...I wasn't trying to be wise...I was being serious about that...ask me how I know about snapping a crank and pretzeling rods with the only damage being on the #1 maincap...from the crank snapping.

I've seen plenty of over-stressed 5.0's and even 5.8's crack in the valley.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Reply #35
...And now you're becoming defensive towards me. 

WTF is with this thread?   
FWIW that statement wasn't for you.  I'm aware you know this.  Others may not. 

I'm just gonna leave this one alone now.....
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #36
Quote from: Sick88Tbird;246523
I am assuming nothing, what the reader gains from this particular post is that you plan on driving the car like this until you get your turbo's THEN mass air it....those are YOUR words...

"...right now I am just going to get it going with 19 pounders and speed density ecu."  -that conveys the message that you plan to drive it as the motor is

"when I get the twins I will go up to 60 pounders and larger lines plus a a9p ecu and mass setup"  -from this sentence it appears that you plan on waiting to do mass air until you go the turbo route

then in post #15, you said you were still looking for a mass air ECU...but that doesn't say much contrary to your previous post that I just dissected...you also said in this thread that the restrictive heads and intake will make plenty of power with turbos...so you don't even plan to run a friggin' HO upper with boost? 

There are a hell of a lot of twists and turns in your posts on this thread...the general consensus that you think the motor will run fine the way you set it up.

I am NOT trying to cause an arguement...we are trying to help you out. If we ALL see a problem with your combo, of course, we're going to make recommendations...I'm just looking for the straight story...this project has turned 5 different ways since this thread started...just by reading your posts we can see that.

Good luck with those stock rods and crank...btw, you didn't say anything about building another engine in the IMMEDIATE future, hence our advice.

Good luck,
Don

im sorry I admit I am some what confusing... I have threads on 3 differnt forums about this car. I figured since I know some people here the facts would get out... lets get this strait when I say you are assuming that is just what you are doing... this car will never leave the garage with this engine. this engine was installed for setup purposes. to get the car running. after the bugs are worked out a 347 aluminum headed boss block will go in there. right now I dont have the money to finish the boss block but it will go in there.

hence me say repetitively dont assume. Im not here looking for help I have done my home work and I know what I want now I just want to get to it. I dont think I will be returning to this site. I might stop in every now and then....

Reply #37
Quote from: V8Demon;246532
...And now you're becoming defensive towards me. 

WTF is with this thread?   
FWIW that statement wasn't for you.  I'm aware you know this.  Others may not. 

I'm just gonna leave this one alone now.....

Hey man, I wasn't trying to be defensive towards you!...maybe I should have thrown an "lol" in towards the end...sorry if it came off that way man.

...and to you Budderigs, good luck with your build...as I've been saying this whole time.  Again, I wasn't assuming anything, I was only going by what YOU were posting.  If you don't feel like staying on the site, I apologize for that...I do NOT go around trying to belittle people and if thats how I came off, well I apologize for that...that's not a fair representation of this forum nor of any of it's members.

Again, good luck

-Don

Reply #38
I won't be returning to this site.[/QUOTE]
Woo-Hoo.

Reply #39
Slick and dominator, your both out of line here. Wtf ?
You guys are both totally putting words in his mouth. I’ll touch just a few..

He’s using the current setup to get it RUNNING, not driving nor finished or anything else… so it’s running rich, BFD! Least he doesn’t have to PUSH it in and out of the garage and what not…
Sick88Tbird “[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']that conveys the message that you plan to drive it as the motor is” [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Stop ASSUMING sick![/FONT]

Dominator “[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Your very confused if you think you have the right combo” when the F did he say THIS was the right combination.?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Stop ASSUMING Dom![/FONT]

It’s not a Stock SH 302.. it’s a non HO block is what he said

230hp? Wtf did you see that?

And the list goes on and on…
Oh.. and one last one...
Dominator "Woo-Hoo"
Grow the F up!

You two should grow up, stfu, and quit assuming you’re Know ALL Ford God’s,  and let the man play with his car.

Choice is yours Budd, But I for one would like to follow your build, so I hope you reconsider and realize there’s idiot’s on any forum, Hell, I’ve been one myself a time or two.
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #40
hey there Jimmy...nobody put any words in anybodys mouth...apparently you have NOT read this entire thread...everybody has said their peace and you come back in to stir the shiznit...you're the one who needs to grow up...

he said he wanted 230rwhp out of that combo, so that's where that came from, pay attention please....when you try to quote people at random and comment on their comments where they quoted people, it really makes you seem that much less educated.

If you don't know the whole situation, are too lazy to read all posts in their entirety or just lack the necessary reading and comprehension skills, please just STFU.

Thanks,
Don

Reply #41
"Jimmy"? I'm old enough to be your daddy son!

And I have read the entire thread, over and over looking for something to make since of your ramblings and found nothing. AGAIN there you go assuming.
AGAIN you assume my intent was to stir the shiznit... ever think it's possibly to get good people to stay on the site, as oppose to running them off?
And I “come back” and stir the shiznit.. dude last post was today, your last was just yesterday, we on the same planet???

Just how old are you anyway... my age is in my profile I'm 49.. I'm guessing by your manner, behavior and “Move out now while you STILL know everything” attitude you're about early twenties... am I correct?
:birdsmily:   Objects In Mirror Appear to be Loosing  :birdsmily:

Reply #42
You would be correct that I am in my 20's...however I'll be the first to admit that I don't "know it all".  Please show me SPECIFICALLY where I made any assumptions to prove that your accusations have any validity.  Age doesn't always = superior knowledge...so don't ASSUME that I'm some dumbass "punk kid".

Thanks,
Don

P.S.- I am not trying to "run anyone off"...I guess you didn't read all the posts as thoroughly as you claim.  fwiw...this is my 2nd post since yesterday...wtf are you talking about?

Reply #43
wow im not here to start e fighting... anyhow jim thanks for your support. here are a few more pics for you of tonight progress.

wiring is compleated I can now start the car from the ignition switch. after getting the timing set it runs surprisingly well it idles pretty smooth and I can shift through the gears with no issues... never thought I would have an issue there is a 2800rpm stall in there... in any case I have a lot left to do I still need to connect the brake lines to the calipers get the disk rear end installed and connect the brake lines to that as well as build a fuel system... I was going to run a t-coup tank and 255 pump with a boosta pump but I just noticed the cobra tank and dual pumps are dropping in price so I might get one of those...

Reply #44
Told you guys there's something about this thread.....