Skip to main content
Topic: lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics... (Read 9637 times) previous topic - next topic

lots of swapping...56k warning lots of pics...

Reply #75
Quote from: t.birdsc;258899
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you flash the tweecer with a new file to match the a9l? Use a computer connected to the usb of the tweecer and read the eec catch code then upload it to the tweecer. It was on my vehicle idling on the tweecer but may have fried when I accidently disonnected and connected it with the key on. :mad: Imho there is no reason to have a tweecer if you can't change the parameters or use different processors. It appears the tweecer is a very powerful tuning tool, but there was like a bunch of stuff going on the laptop and I was careless :punchballs:

Let me know if you get yours working  :burnout:

Mike

I dont understand it very well... but I guess they process information differently... for example the chip in the da1 takes columns a and b for input and c and d for outputs.... the a9l takes a and c for inputs and b and d for outputs...
1981 ghia t-top: sed...
1983 cougar rb22 greddy turbo 5speed.

Reply #76
Nice. Keep goin man.

Reply #77
mt dew. The breakfast of champions.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #78
here are the newest pictures... I really havent done much updating on here sooo... I think I left off at the rear disc conversion...

I swaped the rear end out with a t-coupe disc brake 8.8 with 3.55 gears. while it was apart I installed new bushings 50 50 shocks and I installed 96 mustang cobra springs.

the 5 speed swap is completed and after a few adjustments all of the stock mustang stuff fit perfect. I had to relocate my speedo cable do to the clutch cable but that was not a big deal.

I am still trying to piece together parts for a diy turbo kit so I havent gone out and spent a bunch on headers... for the time being I picked up a full flowmaster exhaust system from the headers back off of a 1993 mustang gt in like new condition for 50 bucks so I installed that with the stock mustang headers. I have come across a couple of cheap supercharger kits for around a grand that I might play with... but nothing is decided... this is really going back and forth... alot has happend and my plans have changed alot... now that summer is coming and the car is back up and running I just want to drive it with little to no down time...

well any way here are the newest pictures...

its going back into the garage to finish the paint in the next week or two... I just need to clean the garage and prep it for painting....

Reply #79
im sorry fella, that TC nose just doesnt fit.

if got a 88 cougar nose for sale... if youd be interested in it.

Reply #80
im glad you put your head down and let the guys who wanted to argue trivial stuff do their thing while you did yours.  i hate reading through a thread and then you read the beginning of a reply and it starts being just a circle jerk of insults.  ruins threads instantly but this one is turning out ok for the way it started.  i like the tc nose on the cat just for the fact its original.  it does fit, imo it just doesnt fit the C pillars.  your like 1 of maybe 2 to do that that i know of... props.

keep the updates coming and get on a track this spring and let us know what you get down to. i forget how, but isnt there a way to block people so you dont see their responses?  i highly recommend that lol...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #81
Hey keep it going man, I WAS planning on doing a twin turbo but I think I've kind of given that idea up. Tbird front looks a little out of place but thats my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Keep it up!

Reply #82
Hey,is that a Hurst pistol grip I see in there?I have one of those on my Sport.

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #83
Quote from: vinnietbird;262133
Hey,is that a Hurst pistol grip I see in there?I have one of those on my Sport.

that it is. mounted on a hurst billet shifter as well...

Reply #84
Quote from: ~AC;262098
im glad you put your head down and let the guys who wanted to argue trivial stuff do their thing while you did yours.  i hate reading through a thread and then you read the beginning of a reply and it starts being just a circle jerk of insults.  ruins threads instantly but this one is turning out ok for the way it started.  i like the tc nose on the cat just for the fact its original.  it does fit, imo it just doesnt fit the C pillars.  your like 1 of maybe 2 to do that that i know of... props.

When did 2 doors get C pillars? Four doors have A, B and C pillars, 2 doors only have A and B pillars. :flame:

Reply #85
Good shifter choice.Now,you need a Hurst Equipped badge once the body work is finished.You have plenty on your plate for now to deal with.Keep it going ,good work.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #86
Rage thread is filled with rage.

Reply #87
Not if you stick to the topic and don't pick at  every detail.

Reply #88
Some people's children. Budd, I am quite impressed with your keeping a cool head and by all the work you've done AND it worked proving the nay-sayers wrong. Haha

Reply #89
Personally I think getting a combustion engine to work at ALL with ford factory parts is impressive :o