Skip to main content
Topic: 1957 vs 2007 (Read 6533 times) previous topic - next topic

1957 vs 2007

Scenario:
Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
1957 - Vice Prinl comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to
jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for
traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario:
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario:
Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Prinl. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster ca re and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused her and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares aspirin with Prinl out on the smoking dock.
2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario:
Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, and blows up a red ant bed.
1957 - Ants die.
2007- BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated; Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario:
Johnny falls while running during recess and ses his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a shagual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #1
You know that's just depressing after you get get done laughing about it.
1987 Tbird 5.0 swap, go fast mods coming soon....

1957 vs 2007

Reply #2
Thats so dam true... God why am I not in 57 lol Could get a real car back then too...

I had to post this at another forum Im on, to good lol.  Poor Pedro LOL!
.: Lastest :.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #3
Looks like I was born in the wrong generation.  I often tell my wife we were born 30 years too late because of our views on things (they are much more '57 than '07).
It's truly sad to watch society go down the toilet and even though you vioce your anger and dismay over it, the only ears around are deaf ones....

Our own government -- on every level it seems  has forgotten that the needs of the majority outweigh the needs of the few or the one.  If you can help the few WITHOUT hindering the many then great!  Problem is today everyone suffers to placate a select few and make it easier for them --  some who aren't even here legally and can not vote for those so willing to help them and screw those who voted for them.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

1957 vs 2007

Reply #4
Ahhh Greenwood Elementary how you misdiagnosed my "ADD problem". ADD is a BS cop out for parents that don't want to control their kids, not to mention the F***ing embarrassing part of the day when they called us down one by one over the pa to get our happy pills. Too many parents are afraid to smack a  kid when they are mis behaving these days.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #5
It's the baby boomers  fault bc their the ones that are making the decesions. :) So anybody here in that category, kill your peers :) lol
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

1957 vs 2007

Reply #6
Quote from: Vantage08;227007
It's the baby boomers fault bc their the ones that are making the decesions. :) So anybody here in that category, kill your peers :) lol

Problem is were still the majority,You know middle class,
Were not corprate,were god fearin people,That are payin the bills.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

1957 vs 2007

Reply #7
Quote from: Vantage08;227007
It's the baby boomers  fault bc their the ones that are making the decesions. :) So anybody here in that category, kill your peers :) lol

AHEM, I disagree... I surely don't agree with todays society, nor do most of the others I know my age... 

BTW I was in the 2nd grade in 1957...

1957 vs 2007

Reply #8
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;227000
Ahhh Greenwood Elementary how you misdiagnosed my "ADD problem". ADD is a BS cop out for parents that don't want to control their kids, not to mention the F***ing embarrassing part of the day when they called us down one by one over the pa to get our happy pills. Too many parents are afraid to smack a  kid when they are mis behaving these days.

I was waiting for one of these responses, the second I saw the letters ADD.

Sorry to hear you were misdiagnosed, it happens far too much (more often than not, IMO). As someone who was properly diagnosed, years after the problems and signs started to show, I'll tell you you're talking out your F***ing ass. My nephew has properly diagnosed ADHD, and is medicated. I am not, though it makes life a daily struggle. My mother hated giving me pills, and it had a horrible effect on my emotions as a pre-teen. It wasn't a cop out, it was a last resort to get me through school. My father thought, just like you, that I was just lazy and the doctor was full of . He did eventually come to see that there really was something going on that made one of his four kids not so much behave, but interact in a completely different way.

Now it's up to my wife and kids to learn how ADD effects an adult during daily life. If they're really lucky, one of those kids may one day learn first hand (there's a very good chance).

If you're really bored, pm me and I'll try to explain better what living with ADD is really like. Let me just say that one reason I spend so much time online is instant access to new information, and talking to me in real life is nothing at all like reading what I post. I do well to get a whole thought out. Having the first half typed out allows me to finish that thought.

And I got spanked........ a lot! :hick:

1957 vs 2007

Reply #9
its a durg company game to make money on kids.  Several years ago in Va Beach, the teacher could mandate your child be on a drug to calm them.

today, the new thing is giving pills to fat kids.

I say take the time to kick thier asses off the computer , make em do cs, and bust thier tails when they need a good whoopin.  Plain and simple to me.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #10
Quote from: jcassity;228348

I say take the time to kick thier asses off the computer , make em do cs, and bust thier tails when they need a good whoopin.  Plain and simple to me.

The girlfriend and I were talking earlier and both agreed our (more than likely) kids will grow up on a farm, don't know what we will be farming yet :hick: but we both grew up as farm children.
One 88

1957 vs 2007

Reply #11
Quote from: oldraven;227121
I was waiting for one of these responses, the second I saw the letters ADD.

Sorry to hear you were misdiagnosed, it happens far too much (more often than not, IMO). As someone who was properly diagnosed, years after the problems and signs started to show, I'll tell you you're talking out your F***ing ass. My nephew has properly diagnosed ADHD, and is medicated. I am not, though it makes life a daily struggle. My mother hated giving me pills, and it had a horrible effect on my emotions as a pre-teen. It wasn't a cop out, it was a last resort to get me through school. My father thought, just like you, that I was just lazy and the doctor was full of . He did eventually come to see that there really was something going on that made one of his four kids not so much behave, but interact in a completely different way.

Now it's up to my wife and kids to learn how ADD effects an adult during daily life. If they're really lucky, one of those kids may one day learn first hand (there's a very good chance).

If you're really bored, pm me and I'll try to explain better what living with ADD is really like. Let me just say that one reason I spend so much time online is instant access to new information, and talking to me in real life is nothing at all like reading what I post. I do well to get a whole thought out. Having the first half typed out allows me to finish that thought.

And I got spanked........ a lot! :hick:

I can relate to your situation even though I don't have ADD or ADHD. Thanks for posting something not promoting or piling on the hatred and bigotry. I've seen this  before and I know the people who promote this very simplistic view of the world.

My dad has had ADD his entire life - it was difficult for him as in the wonderful 1940's and 1950's, he had to leave school with an 8th grade education as there was no help for people like him. He was abused and ridiculed, even though he's very smart - he just can't seem to focus - even today at 72 it drives me crazy as I can't keep him listening, though I try to be patient.

My oldest daugher has ADHD and it's infuriating to deal with as a parent. She has tremors (shaking hands) and one therapist said she had the worst ADHD she had ever seen in a girl (it's more prevalent in boys.) Cracking down on her as the nit-wits above have suggested didn't work at all - she went into convulsions and wept for hours & hours. She literally looked like how you might visualize someone having a nervous breakdown. This actually happened a lot when she wasn't able to adjust to a situation - it's painful to watch. We've been able to help her by working with her strengths and she did take Ritalin (by choice - she said it helped her, though we really didn't want her on it) for a few years which helped keep her in mainstream schools as they wanted to kick her out. She stopped taking Ritalin a few years ago (it was always her choice) and now as a teenager she's doing much better (so far), though still a social outcast - which is a shame as she is very pretty.

My dad also said the 50's were an awful time where people were jerks - he said it was an absolutely awful decade. I guess if you liked the bigotry and the way people acted like ass-holes, then it was a good time. If people don't like todays society here, you can always go live in a third-world country (like Saudi Arabia) where women can't drive or have jobs and people have their limbs cut off for stealing and gays are beaten to death.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #12
The Social outcast part is a real shame. I was the third of three boys (one little sister), and was the only one who wasn't practically famous in high-school. My oldest brother Jimmie was Prom King and the middle one was respected by everybody. Both were in bands in school and Troy was a DJ for a while. Very popular, as you'd imagine. I wasn't so lucky. But you can't blame kids for not being able to understand what's going on in the weird kid's head. The kid who gets excited about the strangest thing and then will try to run you all over the County if you dare start a conversation with them. I've lost enough friends over saying really strange things at odd times (often an insult that I don't even realise until later) that I don't even try making new ones anymore.

My life is a run-on sentence with a million topics. (this is why I derail threads so often without meaning to) ...... oh, .

1957 vs 2007

Reply #13
Yeah, it's really odd with my oldest as she's extremely attractive. She wouldn't go to the dance at overnight camp since she knows it wouldn't be a good outcome. I know about the "odd" stuff - but it goes beyond the scope of this thread and there is no need to further feed the lions. My youngest daughter is 100% "normal" and the contrast between them is immediately apparent to anybody who stops by. My mother in law is old-fashioned/conservative and it's been interesting watching her view on the oldest change over the years. Now they tell me I'm too hard on her - lol - it's all a matter of where and how you apply pressure. I get results where they fail because I understand her and work with her strengths.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #14
Then you have the kid who you know there is something wrong but the doctors and other 'professionals' keep telling you he is fine, normal.  But at age 4 he threatens to kill himself and you because you sent him to his room for a cooling off period. The kid who, since being an infant, has had anger problems and can change his personality like flipping a light switch on or off.
You are the mother who is over reacting to everything because you are a single mom with two boys at home.  You have no merit.
Yet, you have already had to remove your child from the school because the teacher is not a nice person and treats your son like garbage because he can't sit there and catch onto everything she is saying. He needs extra help and she's not willing to give it to him.

At age 8, my son was finally diagnosed as being bipolar. I had to take him to Philly to the children's hospital there for diagnosis by the lead psychiatrist in childhood bipolar study.

Turns out, I wasn't just over reacting.
Finally got my son onto the meds he needed and he was able to get the help in school he needed because as it turns out, he's slightly dyslexic too.
He's now 15 and has been off of medications for 2 years and is doing well. But only because he finally got the help he needed so badly.

For the most part, a lot of the things listed in the beginning of this post are accurate.  Today so many people over react to things, it's sickening. But then again, with the world we live in, it's hard to judge when there is a need to react or if a kid is just being a kid.

It's sad that a kid can't handle a gun without being accused of having something wrong with them. Kids can't have an argument anymore or try to resolve it themselves without authority getting involved and charges being brought.
Kids can't be kids anymore because too many adults and other kids have ruined it for them.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~