Skip to main content
Topic: 1957 vs 2007 (Read 6611 times) previous topic - next topic

1957 vs 2007

Reply #60
This train just went over a bridge that just gave out while the train was still on it :p
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

1957 vs 2007

Reply #61
And to think this all started from a post by Turbocoupe50 in his efforts to see something comedic about 1957 and 2007 and how times have changed, lol.
1987 TC

1957 vs 2007

Reply #62
Quote from: Cougar5.0;229153
I am interested why this of all issues is on your hit list.

not many issues are first, many so wastful they collectivly take first place like the money spent on the "[COLOR="Red"]gay bomb[/COLOR]".

The aids project is worthy but in my house, if we are in troubled times, I cant be giving what little cash i have away.  With all that money out of country, the price per head on research is going to be a "direct bill" sort of approach and this in itself is the problem.  No caps, no limits, no boundaries, just a way to get a pile of money tossed off the brinks truck and allow the pharmas to have a hay day.  Oh, btw,, this does not include drugs that can be perscribed without testing,,thus collecting the data of the end results.

And we wonder why the CDC isnt able to answer direct questions anymore.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #63
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;228711
As for being add/adhd well, let's just say that I think women have the main handle on that. Our minds are always working, and we can go from one subject to the next in our thinking and tie it all together.

I nearly fell outta my chair when I read that, LMAO!  I've never read it put better, nor more precisely.  Women, especially younger ones,  DO tend to tie everything together, whether or NOT everything is related or pertinent.  It is amazing how some women can link what color socks a man wore last Wednesday to why their hair won't do what they want it do or why a kid threw a rock through a window when the neighbor's dog bit the postman.
:birdsmily:
(X2) '86 Thunderbird, 3.8L CFI, C5 Tranny

'92 F-150, 5.0L EFI (SD), M5OD Tranny, 3.08 Dif

'70 VW Beetle, 1780cc, twin Solex 43's.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #64
Quote from: jcassity;229176
not many issues are first, many so wastful they collectivly take first place like the money spent on the "[COLOR="Red"]gay bomb[/COLOR]".

The aids project is worthy but in my house, if we are in troubled times, I cant be giving what little cash i have away.  With all that money out of country, the price per head on research is going to be a "direct bill" sort of approach and this in itself is the problem.  No caps, no limits, no boundaries, just a way to get a pile of money tossed off the brinks truck and allow the pharmas to have a hay day.  Oh, btw,, this does not include drugs that can be perscribed without testing,,thus collecting the data of the end results.

And we wonder why the CDC isnt able to answer direct questions anymore.

Thanks for clarifying where you're coming from and where you get your "news." I was wondering after out of the blue in Carpimps thread you made some comments about "ubonics" (it's ebonics) that left me rolling my eyes. Your agenda here in steering this thread off the cliff is clear.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #65
Quote from: jcassity;229123
Oldraven
You are the type that would take away / limit all guns if you could and had the power to do so. Everything to me sounded fine from what you said until your close and then you lost me.

I am? How nice for you to know what type of person I am and what I would do based on the fact that you don't know me from a hole in the ground.

Are you talking about this? "I now leave the floor open for you to tear this post apart and make it look like I want to take away all your guns." It was a joke, man. An obvious one, and you did exactly the thing I sarcastically said someone would. So you know, you're flat out wrong on that account.

Big surprise, JCassidy is being a holier than thou ass again. It might help you understand what people are saying if you read their posts through, at least attempting to understand their context, not the context you choose to see. Go back and read a few of them again, if you feel like it, and see how many times I say something to the effect of "and I have no problem with that". ..... seriously.

train-wreck is right. This is worse than talking to my wife during a certain week.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #66
I wasn't alive in 1957... neither was my mom! Dad was only three. :D

But, none-the-less, I enjoyed TurboCoupe50's scenarios.

After reading through the pages, I am reminded of a story:
**just give me a sec to find the link....
Grounded girl, 12, takes father to court... she actually won. That is the most beautiful example of how accurate TurboCoupe50's secnarios really are.  And how bad things are really getting.

**Just a side thought.
Also, I think we should all bear in mind that we aren't talking so much as writing. We don't all know eachother, we don't know all eachother's perspectives & beliefs... here's a little story; When I first posted my story about Cougar A (A Sad and Frusterating Story), the first two reactions I got where, "I'm glad you're not my son"... while this is perfectly acceptable, I had not even considered that reponse.  I felt angry, but then I thought about it and then I actually felt kinda silly because nobody knows what life is like at my home, they only know what I type.  But it's a good lesson to learn, as it seems to be going on in this thread too.... there's no reason to call anybody an ass, just enjoy/contribute to the discussion.  Just my :2c:
*LOL, feel free to tear this up. :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

1957 vs 2007

Reply #67
One 88

1957 vs 2007

Reply #68
Yeah, calling someone an ass is getting out of hand. I just don't like being told what I think.

1957 vs 2007

Reply #69
Well ya know, if someone is acting like an ass, theres nothing wrong with calling them on it! LOL

Hey Old Paint.... women do think like that.... it's the way we are programmed. Just like men always want to take chances and be 'wild' they are made that way.
But, it's good to be that way, otherwise we would all be alike, and where's the fun in that?
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

1957 vs 2007

Reply #70
***sets in corner enjoying the ruckus*** :D

At least it's made most of us think, but most of the examples are fairly correct(yes a couple stretch it even today)...Then there's the 12 year old girl deal in Canada, that sheds light on the direction things are going...

Wonder how things will be in another 50yr ??? Anyone care to venture a guess??? I won't be here to see, figure I'll be lucky to make half that...

1957 vs 2007

Reply #71
Actually, CougarXLS, you said you're glad you're not our son (either of us). ;) I just agreed.

And yes, there was no harm meant in those comments. I was just trying to understand how a mother could be so patient. Aware that I don't fully know the situation, all I can go on is what I read and see in pictures. A driveway like that would have me writing up a steel toed eviction notice. ;)

1957 vs 2007

Reply #72
Lol, I getcha oldraven... no harm and no problemo. I was just using that as an example.

Anyone care to venture a guess???
Not really. I am still hoping for the best... :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

1957 vs 2007

Reply #73
Quote from: V8Demon;228715
3 actually.
I assume the one you speak of is killing. In the wrong hands it will.
You must also remember defend and deter.

Bingo. A car guy buddy of mine who I hang out with a lot at shows and stuff, was startled one night by noise next door. The neighbors had one of those tents for a car or something, and some kids were there slashing it with a knife, laughing as it collapsed. He saw this through the window, and went and grabbed his shotgun and his .40 pistol, the 40 in his pocket. He sneaked up behind these guys REALLY quietly, and, nice and hard, did the ol' "CHA-CHUNK". Instantly all hands were against the fence. Mind you, the shotgun was completely empty and hamrless. His wife came out about now and said "the police are on their way now". They begged and pleaded oh we'll pay for it and he said "nope thats not how this is gonna go down youre going downtown" :D

His intent was even if one of them grabbed it out of his hands he had the 40 there waiting....and they'd have a useless shotgun. Also if he could react quick enough he would have beaten whoever attacked him with it before they grabbed it.

He told me he was reading somewhere the two most recognizable sounds in the world are a train whistle, and pen 15ing a shotgun. As you said, defend and deter!!! The instant they heard that these idiots just turned to jello.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane