Skip to main content
Topic: 408 stroker project (Sold 4/2020) (Read 112032 times) previous topic - next topic

408 stroker project (For Sale 5/2018)

Reply #105
Yeah tell me about it, its only 3/8.. I'm thinking if I did a mustang k member with stang mounts (like Nates tbird) it would lay alot lower.

I was with Nate when he picked up those Mustang parts....Bill Fox Auto Sales in Dover, PA. Bill threw in the K member as part of the engine and tranny that he bought, dang that was a while ago.
88 TC with 93 GT 5.0 (.030 over), XE266HR Compcam, SVO 1.6 Roller Rockers, BBK underdrives, BBK 1 5/8" headers, 2 1/2" exhuast with Americian Thunder Flowmaster lers. Tremec 5 speed and 3.73's and alot of other goodies to list.....

Reply #106
Quote from: Bob;250380
I'm going to cut it open and get a cheap scoop for now. I can't see spending $500+ for a white primered hood that I can't paint the car this year yet anyway, unless I can find something used close by. This year will be all about getting it on the road and getting it to the track and cj09.. paint will have to wait till next year.

It's a shame you werent closer, I would give you that hood I made that is on my XR-7 in the banner.  it is just sitting out behind my barn now....  It should clear that intake.....:D

Reply #107
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;251042
It's a shame you werent closer, I would give you that hood I made that is on my XR-7 in the banner.  it is just sitting out behind my barn now....  It should clear that intake.....:D

That would have been awsome, that hood is pretty nice. How did you make that hood?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #108
to be honest, I forget exactly how... LOL...  lots of cutting, bending and welding. LMAO!!!  I think it started as two hoods....  then I graphed in the sheet metal TC scoops I made...

Reply #109
just a small update.. I went to start it last weekend for the first time and looks like that old mini-starter from my old 302 setup isn't going to turn this thing fast enough to get it running. I watch the label on the serpentine belt slowly make its way around all the accessories. I got a different high-torque starter from a friend. This starter looks pretty cool compared to this tiny mini-starter...it says its good up to 12.5:1 compression so it should turn mine with no problem.

On the bright side the brakes and suspension are all done. I just need to cut a hole in the hood and slap on the scoop next.

sorry no new pics, in the next day or two I'll try this other starter... hopefully I'll post a video soon ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #110
Quote from: Bob;263966
just a small update.. I went to start it last weekend for the first time and looks like that old mini-starter from my old 302 setup isn't going to turn this thing fast enough to get it running. I watch the label on the serpentine belt slowly make its way around all the accessories. I got a different high-torque starter from a friend. This starter looks pretty cool compared to this tiny mini-starter...it says its good up to 12.5:1 compression so it should turn mine with no problem.

On the bright side the brakes and suspension are all done. I just need to cut a hole in the hood and slap on the scoop next.

sorry no new pics, in the next day or two I'll try this other starter... hopefully I'll post a video soon ;)

:ttiwwp:

Glad to hear you are that close. Just in time for this season too!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #111
Figured I'd update this. I swapped my injectors from the 30# injectors to the 42# greentop FMS injectors. I suspected a couple of my 30# injectors were sticking when I looked at the plugs and how it was running when I started it. When I'm road ready I'll be taking it to http://www.jpcracing.com/ to do the dyno tune. I sent them my diablosport chip and he's setting it up to work with the lightning mass air and the new injectors and than he'll ship it back to me so they car will run decent for the trip up to his place for the dyno tune. So I'm just wating for this chip to get back.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #112
What are you doing about the hood?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #113
Quote from: Bob;250371

BFH= big f**king hood? LOL

No its a BIG F**king HAMMER!!!!!!  LMFAO!!!! cant belive no one got that!!!!!! Great work bob!!!! and i guess it was youre birthday???? Keep it up cant wait for the vids!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #114
I know big fu*cking hammer, I was messing with you... lol

I'm just going to slap a bolt-on scoop to it for now. Summit had some pretty cheap or even those gt scoops don't look bad.  I'm going to cut the hole for the clearance I need and take it from there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #115
well the car still looks fantastic!!!!!!!! So is it the original color???? I just started pulling my motor today........... (one of two motors that need pulling) (sigh)
[/IMG]

Reply #116
Quote from: massCougarxr7;270349
well the car still looks fantastic!!!!!!!! So is it the original color???? I just started pulling my motor today........... (one of two motors that need pulling) (sigh)

Yeah thats the origional color. Lots of spots where the clearcoat lifted, I just polished and buffed those spots... so its just taking decent pictures, but is rough up close.

Another update:

Just fixing some leaks (power steering, oil pan hole) and doing some more wiring. Things are looking much better now, its starting to come together nicely. Car should be completely road ready end of this month. Hopefully I'll drive it alittle this coming weekend, I'm keeping my fingers crossed :).  It hasn't seen the road in about 4-5 years lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #117
SWEET!!!!!! And hey my car isnt a beauty queen either!!!! But its the ride that counts!!!!
[/IMG]

Reply #118
And where continuation?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #119
I haven't touched it since that week lol, things have been really busy for me this summer. Between our Disney vacation in June and several trips down the Jersy s in July I just haven't had time for it. Plus to top it all off I just started taking IT security classes at Drexel which take up all my free time right now. Between classes I should be about to get some work done on my car. I'm in no rush though, when its done.. its done :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]