Skip to main content
Topic: 408 stroker project (Sold 4/2020) (Read 112091 times) previous topic - next topic

408 stroker project (For Sale 5/2018)

Reply #135
Quote from: Bob;328920
Hey Nate,  how you making out with your project?  You bought Jim's car right? One day I'll be meeting you at ATCO and we both be tearing up the track

So that's where Jim's went?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #136
Quote from: Kitz Kat;329168
So that's where Jim's went?

Don't remind me......

Reply #137
Quote from: thundr306;329170
Don't remind me......

Went to good hands, I hope you got more than I offered.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #138
Made some progress last weekend, car started right away but its on the rich side.  I ordered some fittings for a fuel pressure gauge from summit just waiting for them to come cause I have no idea what the pressure is set at.  All in all I was happy to hear it run and it sounded freaking great too, just what I needed to get the juices flowing. 

It might be a couple of weeks before I get back on this though,  the wife and I decided to sell our house, and we put it up for sale this week.  So for the next week I have to finish up some loose ends with the house.

Hopefully my next post should include a video of it running...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #139
hey how much you want for the edelbrock heads?
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #140
Quote from: Cougar8775;329879
hey how much you want for the edelbrock heads?

I sold them 2 years ago :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #141
 oh well im sure ill find a good set for my 408W build.

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #142
If your buying heads for a 408w than get something bigger,  I only used a smaller set cause its what I had and put most of my budget in the shortblock.  408w combos with small heads (170cc-185cc) have gone fast and its proven if you do some reading on the corral, but from my reading if you can start with a 205cc head than your better off in the long run.  My combo will more than likely change to a larger head once the other stuff on the car is done (roll cage, paint, etc..)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #143
Quote from: Cougar8775;329892
oh well im sure ill find a good set for my 408W build.

I have some 185 afr's w/72cc chambers.

Reply #144
how would that work on a fuel injected 408?

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #145
Quote from: Cougar8775;329978
how would that work on a fuel injected 408?

Pm sent...sorry for junking up your post Bob!

Reply #146
Quote from: thundr306;330053
Pm sent...sorry for junking up your post Bob!

Np it happens..

I got the fittings for my fuel pressure gauge last night.  I setup my gauge on the rail and with the height of the intake you can look right through the front and see the pressure. So this will be fine for me. I don't think I'll have time today to bring it outside and run it.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll find some time in the morning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #147
How would they work on it, The 225's would be perfect, Hey bob? you moving out of town?

Reply #148
Just moving out of the city and into Delaware County (Springfield, Morton area),  looking to get a bigger house, better school district for my daughter, the wife gets to beat the Phila City wage tax so its a win win, I work in center city so I'll still have to pay but a smaller ammount

Wife showed me a house with a 3 car detached garage and big yard in the school district she wanted, hopefully my house get sold quick I would love to grab that house before it sells.. it was in our price range too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #149
Sounds great, hope it works out. Then maybe you quit playing around and get your shiznit running,lol