Skip to main content
Topic: 408 stroker project (Sold 4/2020) (Read 110237 times) previous topic - next topic

408 stroker project (For Sale 5/2018)

Reply #75
Quote from: thundr306;238195
Not yet, I delayed it for a little...check my post soon.

Bob, that looks real nice. A/C too, huh? I like that.

Hey man gotta have ice :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #76
Quote from: daminc;238197
That's looking real nice.
Why didn't you just get another harness, instead of all the repairing?

I just been finding wires here and there. After a week I keep finding them by accident than I started looking for them and found more but I already re-did most of them. Some where cut down to the very end too nothing like just have a 1/4" of wire to work with :) It wasn't really a big deal for me just time consuming. Wiring is my strong point (I'm in the electronics field).. just like body work is for you ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #77
looks great man!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #78
Hoods.... they're over rated.

Leak news sucks. Are you going to pull it? It is really looking good. I cant wait to see it done.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #79
Quote from: Bob;238193
Also I just noticed my engine that has never ran yet has developed an oil leak. Not at the gasket but on the pan at the front sump it looks it took a hit on the last setup and a py repair attempt of some shiznit was used to try and seal it up.

:giggle:  Bob that shiznit is JB weld.. ;)

how do i know this? it's because i did that py repair :flip: :raspberry :D back in 2002 in Bill's driveway in NJ..with a full pan oil in the motor.. he found out that the sway bar washiznitting the pan and had to lower it.. their should be spacers in the sway bar mounts for that reason..

it seems it held up pretty good for a quick fix after 6 years..

and as for the wiring was'nt me! and you can't prove it was:raspberry :D

besides when i use tape i don't use the cheap stuff i only use 3M super 88 or at least super 33

the only other time i was involved in that car was when the sub frames where installed..

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #80
Quote from: Blown306Cougar;238218
:giggle:  Bob that shiznit is JB weld.. ;)

how do i know this? it's because i did that py repair :flip: :raspberry :D back in 2002 in Bill's driveway in NJ..with a full pan oil in the motor.. he found out that the sway bar washiznitting the pan and had to lower it.. their should be spacers in the sway bar mounts for that reason..

it seems it held up pretty good for a quick fix after 6 years..

as for the wiring was'nt me! and you can't prove it was:raspberry :D

besides when i use tape i don't use the cheap stuff i only use 3M super 88 or at least super 33

Nick

LOL, cool glad to hear the JB weld lasted that long! Thats what I was going to use on it. Nice tip on the 3M super 88 tape btw. I'll have to order some of that I just read up on it at their site, sounds like good stuff.

So hows things on your end? Its been awhile.. Did you ever get that tranny replaced on the cat? Hows she been running these days?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #81
That looks great Bob.

Reply #82
looks good man.:burnout:

Reply #83
It shouldn't be long now. Hopefully I have it running this week, than its time to replace all the brakes and suspension parts.

My next update should have a video of the car running :burnout: I can't wait to drive it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #84
NICE...  but I dont think it will start with those four plug wires laying on the intake.....  ;)

Reply #85
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;239265
NICE...  but I dont think it will start with those four plug wires laying on the intake.....  ;)

Thats for gas mileage....

Looks better every time I look in here
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #86
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;239265

Still doing some work on that side, I can't mount the clutch cable in the stock position because of the headers.

Quote from: DVP;239281
Thats for gas mileage....

Looks better every time I look in here

thanks, I've been chipping away at it every week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #87
Looking good:D

What's with the orange TFI?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #88
Quote from: thunderjet302;239292
Looking good:D

What's with the orange TFI?

I decorated it for Halloween... lol I thinks its aftermarket, It had a name on it I can't remember what it was. The car came with 3 distributors 2 stock 351w EFI and 1 MSD (the MSD was missing parts).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #89
Quote from: Bob;239318
I decorated it for Halloween... lol I thinks its aftermarket, It had a name on it I can't remember what it was. The car came with 3 distributors 2 stock 351w EFI and 1 MSD (the MSD was missing parts).

send the MSD to MSD and they will rebuild it to new for $75-$80. bucks;)
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms