Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37956 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #120
Still a nice looking car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #121
Mark 7 guys make center caps for stang wheels to make up for the fact you have to make a hole. I bet if you took some mark 7 center caps you could make them work. Hell I just changed the wheels on my car, Ill sell you my centers for you to mess with if you want. Cheap too.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #122
I don't care i like the car has a few things that are more than meets the eye. Its a laid back kind of car but its no joke if you want or need to race and its still got some top-end even with the 3.73s.

I would never trade or sell of this car if i can help it it may not be 100% what i want but its worth much more than what i paided for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #123
I complimented your new car. I really like it, I think those wheels look amazing on there. I didnt not like the paint job on your car and you bought that Vortech and spent all that money on L.E.D.s and amps and capacitors. This Bird is a  NICE car and I can see adding a few gauges and power adders. If you make the money you do then buy some decent Autometer gauges, you rattled off about buying a bunch of Sunpro stuff. Not to dog on their stuff but its cheap. The Cougar you bought/are buying, that thing is a good platform and I wouldnt blame you for painting it all up and doing alot of custom stuff, just please leave this car looking the same and do drivetrain mods and maybe stereo or subtle interior mods. Thats the first time Ive spoken my mind. I know you gotta take shiznit when on forums and there I was the one dishing it out. Love the new car, just please leave the paint for the Coug.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #124
Wow.

This could have been TONS shorter if:

Carunpimp had just waited to start the  thread until he GOT the new car and had not elluded to being "UberFoxTbirdCougarPioneerGuy"

If you post up mods of arguably questionable expect comments on a public forum.  You wanted comments anyway...Unfortunately for you they are not the kind you wanted.  BooHoo.

You do things other people here won't.....OK, great.

Most of us won't jump of a 50 story building......Are you gonna do that next?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #125
Quote from: V8Demon;216333

You do things other people here won't.....OK, great.

Most of us won't jump of a 50 story building......Are you gonna do that next?

Most people wouldnt drop in a Chevy either and you dont hear Sleeper calling himself a pioneer...

Just sayin though
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #126
you dont hear Sleeper calling himself a pioneer...

Have you read this thread?  I will refer you to post #112 where Carpimp DOES....

I am not here to make you happy and some of us are pioneers and others of us are followers just depends on how you react to the world around you
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #127
Quote from: V8Demon;216363
Really?  Have you read this thread?  I will refer you to post #112

Oh must have missed that. well he is though in my opinion
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #128
well he is though in my opinion

Who?

Reply #129
Quote from: cougar86_89;216358
Most people wouldnt drop in a Chevy either and you dont hear Sleeper calling himself a pioneer...

Just sayin though

lol...dropping an SBC into anything does not a pioneer make....in fact, it'd be a more accurate statement to say that the pioneers probably put one in a Conestoga wagon to go west...welll...errr..maybe not..but fact is...since the second day the SBC came into existence, people have been slapping them under the tin of almost everything, fer chrissakes, there's even motorcycles with the  things!

Pioneer? nahh...
I'm not knocking his engine choice, and this ain't even that thread...
But Carppimper...i agree...leave the Bird sleeperish...that paint was odd, to be nice.
But, at the end of the day, it's your car, you'll be the one getting the hate mail over it. :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #130
Quote from: cougar86_89;216358

Just sayin though

Im just me :D I like swapping motors and junk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #131
That SBC was a good motor and he had the parts laying around.

Who on this site keeps talking about putting a AMC 401ci motor might be a pionner.

In the Last 2 weeks i got 6 Xbox360 games and 1 nintendo Wii game wait and 2 DS games also about 5 more HD DVDs and 3 or 4 CDS and a set of cobra valve covers for $65 for the new T-Bird some new headlight blubs and more vinyls and a UPR cold air kit and UPR SFC's and some hood pins so even when i waste money without caring at all what the hell i buy i still do a good job spending money on the T-Bird.

But in all honesty the bank still owns this car so right now i might as well spend most of my money on the XR7. I still take good care of the T-Bird and why the hell would i or should i buy much more for this car if its on a bank loan for right now.

Thanks for all the nice things said about the car but i have a super bad habit of spending money and after the wreck in my 87 i still don't see a point of spending every last dime on a car. Even back in the day even with all those parts i could have a nice car but i allready got way to much money tied up in my rides.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #132
man your retarded.......  if you have all this money to throw at video games like a 12year old....  why the Fack, dont you save up and PAY OFF the  car??!??! 

great so you bought some more ricer decals, and a cheap ass cold air kit and subframes....  "but hey, I just spent $300 on video games so I cant afford the good stuff for the bird.  I'll just make it look rice by throwing the cheapest shiznit at it, and as much of it as I can."....

Your warped dude

Reply #133
it really was not that much spent less than $300 on games movies and cds and over $300 on car stuff so it really was not that bad.

Find me a better cold air kit.....go right ahead

Also if i want to paint the whole car white is that ricer or would that be the same thing as your cougar xr7?

also i just got the blue and sliver paint for my XR7 today at cost so it should look very nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #134
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;216448
man your retarded.......  if you have all this money to throw at video games like a 12year old....  why the Fack, dont you save up and PAY OFF the  car??!??! 

great so you bought some more ricer decals, and a cheap ass cold air kit and subframes....  "but hey, I just spent $300 on video games so I cant afford the good stuff for the bird.  I'll just make it look rice by throwing the cheapest shiznit at it, and as much of it as I can."....

Your warped dude

Agreed. Id put all my money toward payments and pay off your loan. The quicker you pay it, the sooner its all yours and hey you'll have a great credit rating. Hell if you want send me some  money. Most people buy one video game and it lasts them quite along time for playing. Dont whine about not being able to mod it because you have a lein. You have money just spend it wisely.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit