Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37954 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #135
Ture i could pay it off really soon but i have no credit rating so the lady at the bank said i have to keep the loan on paper for 9 months before i pay it off and its only a 18 month loan so i will get it only put about 600 miles on this car so far so i am just trying to injoy it for what it is. Oh i did buy another $10 xbox360 game so cougrrr 302 need a loan sometime soon? just joking i gotta buy a new front window for the XR7 and then a MSD box for it and i still have not got my $200 set of chrome rims off this kids mustangs because he has not put on his cobra Rs yet. But i should have the car paided off in like 10months or so but for now i can start spending all my money on the XR7 project for the most part.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #136
And you believed her?  You opened an account ofr a loan which is good enough to show up on ANY credit report......You wanna leave it on paper for 9 months?  Pay off everything except for $20 then give a minimum payment for a little while.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #137
Not really because the econmy sucks and she said 6 months then changed it to 9. But as long as its paided off before i take a trip to barret-jackson again this next year in Arizona its all good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #138
Forget that,pay it off early and be done with it.

Hey Pimp,how old are you anyway?Just curious.I turn 41 in June.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #139
20 right now so trying to get the cougar bulit before 21 want it 85-90% done and the T-Bird will get modded a little but its just a DD so maybe a mild cam like TFS stage 1 or steeda cam #18 and trickflow or BBK SSI intake and maybe a set of AFR or eldbrock RPM heads or some GT40 Ps. Then maybe a 3G swap and 1 sub and amp. then paint every last part of the car white on the outside.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #140
3 more pics for the hell of it really
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #141

Other then the size, (I would have got it a little bigger) I like it.

Reply #142
X2 on the windshield graphic,not bad.,but not the "car pimp" on the inside.You have some good ideas,but don't let the stickers and  get in the way and mess up your bigger ideas.Leave those stickers to the children in the tuners.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #143
The window banner is blade runner font adn was only like $12. It shows up really bright in the day and you almost can't even see it at night.

The carpimp thing was just because there was a empty panel all the vinyls except the window banner where only $5 each and the guy will print them up right then and there. So as soon as i pick something out 2 or 3 mins later its on the car and its not wasting a lot of time or money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #144
Quote from: Carpimp1987;216779
...So as soon as i pick something out 2 or 3 mins later its on the car and its not wasting a lot of time or money.

its not about wasting time or money with decals, it is about taste... or lack there of....

Mind you people said the same to me about my Ford decal on the side of my cougar....

Reply #145
I saw those same decals in the book you got taste i do like the custom cougar hood and the turbine wheels look like  unless there painted 100%.

Windows are made for vinyl the rest of the car body is to be left vinyl free 95%+ of the time but thats just what i think.

But also you should not have ford vinyls on a cougar anywhere unless its in the engine bay for the most part that would be like putting camaro badges or writing on a trans-am.

Also 1 last ? for 1WLDBRD how well does that BBK CAI work? just asking if i ever get another one of these cars without massair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #146
Sometimes panels with nothing on them make a bigger and better statement than panels with something on them.A lot of the time,especially on these cars,less is better.

It's not always what you say,but how you say it that makes the difference.

Reply #147
i agree thats why that blue color id picked for the vinyls does not show up at night so its not there all the time well it is but you can't see it after dark.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #148
Okay look what i found on ebay i wish they would work on all 4 wheels but they will not fit on my front wheels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-04-FORD-MUSTANG-CHROME-WHEEL-SKINS-17-INCH_W0QQitemZ230247601000QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230247601000&
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #149
$50/ea?!  For a skin?  No thanks.  You can get your wheels powder coated for about that price.  Which do you think will look better after a week?

Somehow the "Car Pimp" decal seems appropriate for a red interior.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]