Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37959 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #105
Aren't you going to use the intake from the wrecked Bird?Also the cam?As far as the light assembly goes.I use a clear epoxy for outdoor use that is also weatherproof.I got it at Autozone for a few bucks.Sorry,I can't remember the exact one.I mixed it up and used just enough to make a little bead around the light housing,then,installed the lens,taped it down to keep it snug and still,and left it alone til the next day when i put the light on the car.Before I installed the lens,I also sanded the areas to have the adhesive so the epoxy would hold better.One step at a time.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #106
Dude, nice car
where did all those dents come from? Looks like it was target practice for SUV doors in a parking lot

as far as your car goes, You can do whatever you want to it. doesn't bother me. I'll just joke sometimes, but it really doesn't mean anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #107
all my old T-bird parts go to the Cougar XR7 but the cold air kit got wrapped up in the fender so i gotta order 2 more UPR cold air kits there only like $99 each right now and they work great. They used to be $140 each so at least they dropped in price heres a picture of my old one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #108
Quote from: daminc;212488
...where did all those dents come from? Looks like it was target practice for SUV doors in a parking lot...

I dont see them?

Reply #109
Thanks i did not see them for like 5 days they don't stand out but theres like 30 of them.

Got some new wiper blades for $25.70 on Sale i hope they work good they where 25% off no rain better touch my front window after i put them on. Took my old set of Sliverstar turn singals lights off my wreck car and put them on my new T-Bird those things are like $10 for a set of 2 at Advanced Auto Parts. Got to pick up a black set of mini sunpro gauges tomorrow at Autozone for like $29 which i will put them above the CD player.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #110
The car looks good. The rotors need changed and that center cap fixed. I like the car as is. I didnt like your old car at all. I see nothing promising for this car if you have the same type of plans in mind. Put some actual tips on it, beef up the engine alittle and keep the car as is.

You just posted about buying windshield wipers, and cheapo gauges. That was really a waste. To me you sound like every ricer on this planet, you go to Autozone, Advance Auto and O'Reillys and buy all of the shiznit you can and slap it on your car. Silverstars I can understand. Overloading with gauges and wierd pointless LEDs everywhere. Whats next fender vents? I bid you good luck and I will be praying for this car.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #111
Sorry for whatever was here because it was Off Topic and So are Ricers so back to the Thunderbirds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #112
Just enjoy the car,and do what you like with it.You paid for it,it's yours.I saw videos on Youtube of some of these cars being totally violated.I told you before,your tastes are totally different than mine,and you would change things,or add things I never would,BUT,I can respect that.Do what you like and and make the car what you want it to be.If you need help,let me know.I will say to everyone,as much as most of our tastes differ from 'Pimps,we all have to show respect for what he's doing.Nobody has to personally like everything he,or anyone else does,BUT,he's here,and he's devoted to keeping this car going.Props for that.We all have our own tastes.It's all good,we all have to stick together.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #113
Thanks i don't agree with everything you guys do and stuff i do you guys don't agree on but every mod has a reason behind it.

All i know is even when things look bad at least god let me walk and things worked out well overall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #114
Personally I don't fault anything you did to that old car except the paint job. I do take exception with your assumption that you're the only one who likes or fixes up these cars, though. Plenty of us have had several (five, myself) and would give up a vital organ before giving up our cars. Some of us even love the cars enough to host a forum dedicated to them ;)

About this whole "I'm a pioneer, I keep the T-Bird dream alive" bullshiznit, I've just achieved "read that bullshiznit too many times to keep my mouth shut" status:

First, you're NOT a pioneer. A dozen rolls of masking tape, three different colour cans of Krylon, and painting a different component on the car every time the thought enters your head do not a pioneer make. Neither does an HO engine with Trick Flow intake and CAI. Installing A/F and boost gauges in a car that's not boosted is nothing new either - the Ricers trademarked that "mod". You can't even claim to pioneer multi-hued paint schemes, as they were common in the 70's (as was disco, which goes to show how we should look to the 70's for inspiration).

I'd been watching your "Aerobird GT" thread and even just reviewed it to see if I'd missed anything, and I saw absolutely NOTHING that would make you a pioneer.

You're also not the ambassador for the species that you think you are. Painting your near-classic American car up like a ricer doesn't impress the ricers and it doesn't impress fans of the car. Nobody in your town is looking at the styling train wreck that was your '87 and thinking "Man, I've gotta get one of those 80's T-Birds". What they are thinking is "Man, that kid should get a Honda".

As for this:
Quote from: carpimp
We all have our lives ahead of us and at some point most of us will SELLOUT in 5 years what will most of you be driving a fox body ford or a import or a Trans-am or Camaro or a mopar or a family car who knows.

I can't believe somebody would have the nerve to even type that after posting this in your other thread:

Quote from: carpimp
*i hope i can get a P71 or MARK 8 LSC since i almost had most of my fun with the 5.0 i might try a cool new 4.6
*Only thing i found today was a 1989 Supercoupe body to swap my 5.0 in to $500 blown engine has nicer factory sound system and i think a AOD and its red so i was thinking maybe some white bullet wheels and one or 2 white stripes.
*Might get me a fox body mustang and swap everything out
*someone siad they would sell me a 11.8 sec honda body kit and all for $5,000 sure i would hate it but if it was clean and killed Vetts and Cobras and maybe a old dodge viper i might have to go look at it if i can't find me anything else soon.
*Someone was a 93 mustang coupe about 45mins away just seeing what they want for it.
...so, um, yeah. You're dedicated :hick:

If you're comfortable with your dubious taste so be it, but please give up trying to make it look like you're doing the Fox T-Bird/Cougar community a favour.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #115
Sorry i got order 2 things off your site or ebay.

Also have not got any sleep lately sorry.

I bought the last DD fixed up 80s T-bird in town and drive it 7 days a week now and it looks nice.

I am getting a 88 cougar XR7 which will be the only fixed up 80s cougar in town.

What i do helps but almost all of us fix up ours cars in some way or another.

So really with everything said i only dislike Cougrrr302 based on the fact that he said anything i own long enough will be turned into a worse car than the day i got it.

Last the paint job was one of a kind and will never be copied again and it was only half way done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #116
If you order stuff from me, do yourself a favour and do it directly through my website at http://www.tcelectronixx.com - shipping is free on my website, but costs extra on eBay (eBay's fees are so high I can't afford to offer free shipping there).
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #117
Thanks for that info would it be cheaper to order the taillight kit for the T-bird and Cougar at the same time? Also even $75 on ebay plus your $10 is not bad but i know Ebay is not cheap to sell stuff.

Also with just getting the T-Bird and getting the cougar back on the road after years of it sitting it may be about mid summer before i order them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #118
Took the vinyl off the back window vinyl wrapped in between the windows and added dark blue vinyl on the back Quarter windows.

Looks a lot cleaner overall.

Also saw a blue ranger in town sam rims and center caps drilled out looked okay i wish i would of took a picture of it.

Car is getting my old spoiler and mirrors painted white.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #119
2 more pics:birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]