Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37960 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #90
Hate all you want but i got a nice T-bird and i will have a super nice Cougar someone has the keep paint on these cars and drive them. If it was not for me there would be NO T-birds or Cougars that where fixed up and driven almost everyday. Would you rather have a few nice cars in a big city driving around or all Mustangs? Also i am sick of you guys talking  i have seen most of your cars some are nice and some need TLC and some need motivation to keep working on there cars and not sell them or just go buy a new car.

I do what i have to 2 make nice cars that are fords and not mustangs so some of the world can see a different set of tail lights every now and then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #91
No I'm saying I hate idiots on cellphones resulting in them wrecking our thundercats. :toilet:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #92
Zonda i know that i hate cell phones even at work some hides in the back of store talking on the phone the customer talk all day while i try to hand them their food and after i get off work people can't drive because there still talking on their cell phones.

ZondaC12 that last post is not in any way towards you man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #93
Quote from: Carpimp1987;212241
Also i am sick of you guys talking  i have seen most of your cars some are nice and some need TLC and some need motivation to keep working on there cars and not sell them or just go buy a new car.

This is a public message forum. You have to expect to get good comments as well as bad ones.
You have all the freedom in the world to modify your Thunderbird or Cougar exactly how you want it, which is a good thing. We all take that freedom for granted, I think.
However, if you're sick of the negative comments you read in your threads, maybe you shouldn't post up your plans.
Like many people here, I try my best to find these cars and save them from the junkyard. Sometimes it's easy, but it's often a very difficult task. We support that 100%. Customization, on the other hand, is one of those eye-of-the-beholder things.
If you're happy with it, that's great; it's all that matters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #94
We all get teased,it's half the fun with the guys here (including myself).Believe me,if people didn't like you,you would know it.You're fine.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #95
Quote from: Carpimp1987;212241
If it was not for me there would be NO T-birds or Cougars that where fixed up and driven almost everyday.

Hmmm.  I dont seem to remember you owning ALL the nice cougars/Thunderbirds. And mine is nice, and Ive daily driven it for about 5 years now. 

My OPINION is that you can mod all you want to your hearts content, but if it ends up looking like it came out of a circus freak show, and you post pictures here, expect negative comments.  If you can't handle it, then dont post pics or descriptions when you (in my opinion) screw it up.

Yes, I am a purist to a certain extent.  I apologize if your skin isn't thick enough to take the occasional barb.  People don't like my car, well thats their opinion, ans that is that.  I really hate seeing a decent Thunderbird or Cougar (again in my opinion) riced or screwed up.

if you don't like it, Tough.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #96
And anyways, I'm going to try to wash my hands of the whole "CarPimp" thing here.  I have a hard time reading your posts (lack of sentence structure and punctuation) and I never liked your previous Thunderbird.  I feel sorry for you that it got cracked up though.  I pray to the Fox Gods that you take what you have found ( The new cars) and create something beautiful, not another abomination.

Have a good one, and good luck.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #97
I know sorry tc nose was a good idea and theres a few nice ideas coming out of the posts. Also birman thanks for saying sorry and vinne i know your right 99% of the time and cougarcragar is right 2.

If people don't customize their cars then if i gotta sit and eat somewhere looking out and the streets i got ADD and i get sleepy the custom car world is not always nice but at least you don't own a car than anyone else could just go buy of a lot.

may take a few more pics dash mats making me mad but oh well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #98
I liked your old car...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #99
Your taste is different than mine,that's for sure.We do have the cars in common though.I'd actually rather see your red,white,and blue car (although,again,not my "flavor"),than you driving a Chevy or ricer.You have to follow your own vision.I'm doing my car my way.I have notes,drawings,design formats,and ideas in a book for the sport.It's all about me.The way it should be with your car.Sometimes,we open ourselves up to some wicked criticism,but,that's part of the "game".take what you like and leave the rest.There's no need to argue or fight over these things.It's about the cars,and doing what we do.If you hear things you don't care for,keep moving forward and ignore the negative stuff.A lot of the "critics" here (including myself) are just trying to pass on ideas,and try to help you end up with the best car possible.In the end,it's a matter of PERSONAL taste.....what YOU like for YOUR car.Sure,a lot of us wouldn't do it your way.On the other hand,when I'm finished with the sport,you may see it as boring.As I stated,it's all about what YOU like on your car.Enjoy it,keep posting your ideas (even if we beat you for it...LOL),and keep the pics of the progress coming.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #100
heres a few new pictures of the old battery box with wet cell battery that needs to vent.....never took pics before because it looked like  so heres the old box and then the new box and the spare tire cover fits over the new set-up and cleans up the Trunk. Last off i might use my old amp board to cover up the back of the truck and clean up the trunk overall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #101
Got 2 free vinyls for the company in town that does all my vinyl stuff and then theres a picture of the passanger side with lots of small dents can't tell unless someone points it out. So far have not raced anyone because their chicken after the car takes off fast at the light they don't want to play has a B-cam and the exhuast is not as loaud at the light but it sure gets up and goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #102
hey those decals add 5hp each! ;)
you do realize you put the battery on the wrong side to get any real benifit out of putting it in the trunk right?  clean looking install though....

and a "b-cam" ....  doesnt mean your car is fast....  and if the rest of the motor isnt built to take advantage of it...  it is actually LESS powerful then the stock cam.  that is like the kid in the honda thinking he gained 40hp with the fart cannon and decals......

Reply #103
Quote from: Carpimp1987;212260
I know sorry tc nose was a good idea and theres a few nice ideas coming out of the posts. Also birman thanks for saying sorry and vinne i know your right 99% of the time and cougarcragar is right 2.

If people don't customize their cars then if i gotta sit and eat somewhere looking out and the streets i got ADD and i get sleepy the custom car world is not always nice but at least you don't own a car than anyone else could just go buy of a lot.

may take a few more pics dash mats making me mad but oh well.

Unreadable.

Your threads are like Pl@yboy . You only look at it for the pictures.

I don't mind what you do to your car, I just can't afford the brain power it takes to decipher your posts.  Good luck with your car though.

Reply #104
Ok i got it more pics less typing i got the battery box free and the optima red top for dealer cost and its a clean install so i can't B**** about it. The vinyls are just there to get a few places some new customers pay back those who help you or do good work and don't take all your money.

May add a few gauges next week in the empty slot above the cd player and change out the kenwood for a pioneer. Get a new belt and oil change and put on my old flex fan. Last i can't find my orange LED pods there lost in my room and i got the drivers side inner marker so should i superglue it back on or what might work better?

Also next year buying a top end kit for the car Heads,Cam, and Intake when its paided off just for the hell of it car runs good but the trans is bulit up for a lot more power.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]