Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 37962 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #60
3 more pics in a few mins putting on the red dash cover that came with the car.

And TC nose might be a good thing ot make the car look cleaner and only has 1 dent on the hood.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #61
I see mark vii front rotors and big holes drilled in the centercaps tisk/tisk.
Leave it white,paint the rims white,remove the red stripe,restripe the crome white in the trim mouldings,get a tc header panel and a set of sn95 front spindles and call it a day.
Don't twotone the dam thing,what's with you and that anyways???

Reply #62
Take those decals off! looks better now. Im starting to like those rims. Mark hubs are just throwin it all off though. what is with you and two-tones?  TC header panel would look really good. drop it , TC bumper. painting the rims white would look good i agree.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #63
the Plate holder is black the paint it a little messed up all around the bottom the trim is black. the TC nose would clean up the white topside of this car and the Pin STRIPES are Orange and cover over the stock red pinstriping.

The cougar factory 2 tone line looks  good the T-Birds i like it 2 tone at the trim line or just under it.

if i don't get a TC nose i will get hood pins with wires wrapped around the grill again and when i get this car cleaned up then we can vote on the saleen wing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.

Reply #64
I would take the decals off but the guy i bought the car form owns that place and he bulit the car even before i was old enough to drive so i will keep there for Respect i did take off the bottom 2 vinyls and just left the name of his shop and #. I have to pay off the car its not mine and i have not put anything except a car wash into it so i have to respect him for making this car a nice car so far and saving me lots of Work and money.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #65
Quote from: dominator;211708
I see mark vii front rotors and big holes drilled in the centercaps tisk/tisk.
Leave it white,paint the rims white,remove the red stripe,restripe the crome white in the trim mouldings,get a tc header panel and a set of sn95 front spindles and call it a day.
Don't twotone the dam thing,what's with you and that anyways???

well thats better then my idea! Do that!!
Whats wrong with the mark VII rotors? I was gonna use my new ones on a bird if i get one...
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #66
I have a FULL turbo coupe light set....... if you go with the header, let me know I have the lights.. I will finish polishing them all.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #67
Quote from: daboss351;211726
well thats better then my idea! Do that!!
Whats wrong with the mark VII rotors? I was gonna use my new ones on a bird if i get one...

you see the hubs sticking out of the center caps up front. Nothing wrong they just dont clear most centers
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #68
Are those Wal-Mart tip? Dont look too bad. not a fan of square tips like that though. I cant wait to see what your Cougar ends up looking like. Maybe losing one and gaining two wasnt that bad of a trade
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #69
Yeah that car's begging for a TC header panel, and slimline fog lights in the air dam (just keep your stock air dam, too much of a PITA to swap it, and as long as you get the right fog lights it will look great. Get a stock TC headlight panel that has room for the fog light switch, add autolamp and auto-dim if it doesn't already have them, and call it a day. It will look slick without looking tacky.

I know that finding fog lights that fit in there is a real pain. That's one category that I think deserves to have its own sticky. I have Pilot PL-220's in mine but you can't get them anymore.

I don't like the wheels, but that's simply because I don't like Pony wheels on a Bird, Birds are too sharp for that. It's a Bird, not a kid's car. Let me put it this way: you can get out of a bird at an upscale joint dressed up and the whole package works, but it looks tacky with a Pony car (just my opinion, and by "dressed up" I mean double-breasted suit, not your best pair of jeans :hick: )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #70
Quote from: Quietleaf;211758
Yeah that car's begging for a TC header panel, and slimline fog lights in the air dam (just keep your stock air dam, too much of a PITA to swap it, and as long as you get the right fog lights it will look great. Get a stock TC headlight panel that has room for the fog light switch, add autolamp and auto-dim if it doesn't already have them, and call it a day. It will look slick without looking tacky.

I know that finding fog lights that fit in there is a real pain. That's one category that I think deserves to have its own sticky. I have Pilot PL-220's in mine but you can't get them anymore.

I don't like the wheels, but that's simply because I don't like Pony wheels on a Bird, Birds are too sharp for that. It's a Bird, not a kid's car. Let me put it this way: you can get out of a bird at an upscale joint dressed up and the whole package works, but it looks tacky with a Pony car (just my opinion, and by "dressed up" I mean double-breasted suit, not your best pair of jeans :hick: )

i have that plate with the foglight slot, the fog light switch too!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #71
As stated before the mark vii will either not allow you to use the center caps on most wheels or not allow you to use the wheel at all without 1/2" spacers or sever mods to the rotor hat(believe me i know i did it once just to say it could be done) fr500's or anything with a smal center cap(approx 2 1/2") will not fit the rotor due to the hat lip being to tall.
Better and easier just to go sn95, with the sn stuff you can also later upgrade to bigger cobra brakes if wanted.
Oh speaking of respect for the guy that built it,you bring up a good point.
If you respect him you won't EVER two tone it because that would be disrespectful if you did.

Reply #72
Quote from: dominator;211808
Oh speaking of respect for the guy that built it,you bring up a good point.
If you respect him you won't EVER two tone it because that would be disrespectful if you did.

LOL, and disrespectful to the car itself...  LOL:shakeass:

Reply #73
Oh My God this is gettin' heavy. I don't even wanna see what happens if he decides to go that route. I'm thinkin this place is gonna get reaaaall ugly, he'll just get CRUCIFIED. :giggle:

*runs and gets popcorn at the speed of light*
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #74
Quote from: ZondaC12;211811
Oh My God this is gettin' heavy. I don't even wanna see what happens if he decides to go that route. I'm thinkin this place is gonna get reaaaall ugly, he'll just get CRUCIFIED. :giggle:

*runs and gets popcorn at the speed of light*