Skip to main content
Topic: My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs (Read 38037 times) previous topic - next topic

My Sorta New 1988 T-Bird many mods just added TC wheel and Cobra Rs

Reply #45
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;211488
you sir have a LX not a sport.

Beat me too it!

Sports came with floorshifter and Premium Seats if im not mistaken. along with some other stuff i believe. Sill nice looking car. need some better pics! take it he used Mark spindles since there is a hole in the caps.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #46
I'm a little late to this post, but nice score.  Looks like it'll be a great ride for you!  I like it MUCH better than the other one (no offense)!  :D
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #47
Nice Car.  Congrats.  It's great that someone took care of alot of the hard work for you.

Reply #48
NOW, you can say you have a nice T-bird...  nice score...  you wreck it with a multi colour paint job and I will personally drive down there and beat you to death, with the rattle can you use to paint it with.... ;)

Reply #49
Repaint the stripe in the trim red to match the pin stripes up top and LEAVE IT ALONE!!
Then get a set of 5 lug wheels with center caps (mark 7 bbs wheels would prob look good) or make a custom center cap on all four wheels.
Add your console and floor shift from your bird, because the XR7 should have a console and floor shift, so use it in this bird. Plus your buttstuffog gauges, and senders. All that should already be in the xr7 so will make nice additions to the bird!!
And u should get a turbo coupe header panel for it, and the lights. (I have a set of turbo coupe lights I can finish polishing and sell you)
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #50
Or you could paint it like Felicity Shagwell's Corvette.

Reply #51
Quote from: Carpimp1987;211230
Sorry i got Pics of one and added the Mustang picture because it just looks nice.

That's just rice.  There's no other way of putting it.  The Saleen wing on the T-Bird is also questionable at best.  It could work with the right body color, quite a bit of lowering and the right wheels.  Other than having some really professional aero parts made for the car, there is very little available for a T-Bird that will make it look better, just the right wheels, which yours seems to have.  Most "visual mods" just look tacky, the market just isn't there for some nice aesthetic parts to be made.  Those wheels look better than most on that car.  It's always better to take the modest route on visual modifications unless you have the eye of a design student.
Long time Turboford freak...
84 SVO
88 TC
87 XR4Ti

Reply #52
actually I really like the Saleen Wing on the bird...  they look even better on the MN12 styles...

Reply #53
Quote from: xjeffs;211576
Or you could paint it like Felicity Shagwell's Corvette.

That paint job looked good on that car,the Vette.It reminds me of the old Greenwood Vettes back in the late 60's early 70's.Our cars are really picky about colors and designs (meaning stripes,etc).Almost anything will work on a Stang,but our cars are a little more,um,"cultured" if you will,and what may look great on a ricer or Stang just looks terrible on our cars.

About the new Bird,Pimp.Nice score.great looking car.I don't care for the exhaust tips (I'm real finicky about those).It's also awesome the Mass Air and H.O swap have already been done for you.Two thumbs up.Before you make any decisions for the car,you need to get a public vote here,and then,do what we all advise.Yes,it's your car,but that doesn't matter.We'll make all the decisions for you......except Mason.He's already talking stripes.His thinking rights will be revoked pending an investigation..LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #54
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;211631
actually I really like the Saleen Wing on the bird...  they look even better on the MN12 styles...

me too....:hick:
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #55
Quote from: vinnietbird;211643
That paint job looked good on that car,the Vette.It reminds me of the old Greenwood Vettes back in the late 60's early 70's.Our cars are really picky about colors and designs (meaning stripes,etc).Almost anything will work on a Stang,but our cars are a little more,um,"cultured" if you will,and what may look great on a ricer or Stang just looks terrible on our cars.

About the new Bird,Pimp.Nice score.great looking car.I don't care for the exhaust tips (I'm real finicky about those).It's also awesome the Mass Air and H.O swap have already been done for you.Two thumbs up.Before you make any decisions for the car,you need to get a public vote here,and then,do what we all advise.Yes,it's your car,but that doesn't matter.We'll make all the decisions for you......except Mason.He's already talking stripes.His thinking rights will be revoked pending an investigation..LOL.

The little stripe in the stock trim!! it looks weird chrome, should be red like the turbo coupe trim to match the pin strips and interior, cause other wise the cars gonna get GIANT red stripes.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #56
Quote from: jlewis05;211630
.... there is very little needed for a T-Bird to make it look better, ..

Fixed that for you ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #57
Haha nice. Oh and x2 on that one.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #58
Nice car , I say no pin stripe ,no painting nothing remove the stuff off the rear glass clean it up and enjoy it. That rattle can  and saleen wing is for the loose! imo:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                        :birdsmily:

Reply #59
Car washed today might paint the bottom Black and the wheels White after looking the car over for about 45mins or so.

:birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily: