Skip to main content
Topic: who' name shall not be spoke (Read 5790 times) previous topic - next topic

who' name shall not be spoke

Reply #45
...but the original post was deleted?

As was the second one supporting it...
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #46
by the user

Reply #47
Quote from: cougrrr302;211303

I know a kid who joined the Army, and they had 30 min breaks to use cell phones in the middle of the day, and they lounged around at night.

Obviously, This wasn't Fort Benning!

And before its said, Remember guys,

No matter what the uniform you wear looks like, the nametapes all begin with U.S.

:D
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #48
Cool, I didn't know we could delete posts - I deleted mine :D

As far as the O/P topic, I hope the kid gets his act together. I had a "friend" like this in the old neighborhood who went in with two of my other friends. I decided to take the college path, though them not being around (wanting to go get drunk) was good for me as well :hick: The one kid did get an early discharge - he smoked too much hash and didn't show up for roll call or passed out in line :hick: Some people can't be "fixed" - lol. Hopefully our friend does get his act together.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #49
He joined,nobody forced him,If he can make it work more power to him.He will probably be better off afterwards.Being a squid he will get to see the world,more than anyone that didn't join.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #50
My son finished army basic 16 months ago and my daughter 12 months ago. They had it just like I did in army basic. It was 5 minutes from the moment we hit the door to get our food and eat it and be out the door. I told them to take stuff that they could make a sandwich out of and do that and just shove and chew 2 times and shallow and drink after each bite. I got 3-4 hours of sleep and they were not always in a row either. My kids got 4-5 hours a night and all in a row unless they had fire watch. We were yelled at and cussed at and shoved and hit and had things thrown at us. My DS's told us all that they were going to weed out the ones who could not hack it under sever stress since they didn't want them to fu_k up their army and get a fellow soldier killed because they froze. My kids got just about the same treatment as I did except for having things thrown at them. From my view of how it was for my kids in boot I would say it is for the better now then how it went after I did boot.My kids also said the same as me when they graduated from basic. It was fu_king tough but but I / they wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Reply #51
a half an hour to eat?! that's the marines??  .  i was in the coast guard and when i went through basic, we got like 5 or 10 minutes tops to eat.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #52
Quote from: turboranger91;211709
a half an hour to eat?! that's the marines??  .  i was in the coast guard and when i went through basic, we got like 5 or 10 minutes tops to eat.

no,,
Navy,, but same difference,,,,,,,,,:flame:

Reply #53
You're either cut out for it or you're not. I have a lot of respect for you guys (and gals). My old man tried to push me into the USNA, but I knew I would never make it through it. I sent for the catalog, read every page, but when I landed a scholarship to St. Joseph's I took that instead. In my job I work "for" green-suiters every day in my capacity (and occasionally with them), but (of course, DUH) it can never be the same. As an engineer I can do my best to make sure that you get equipment that's the best we can build it (which can be really frustrating when there are so many knuckleheads in the business that don't know anything about software but attempt to make technical decisions about it). As an EN "he who's name cannot be said" probably won't run into my work but there's likely a piece of equipment on his ship with a little bit of me in it. I can't speak for the entire team's work, but my little pieces were BULLETPROOF. I can say that confidently.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #54
He called again yesterday and is doing well.

He has the a very high score in his class and gets done with A school in about two weeks.  From the set of orders he has,, Id say he is doing really well and he is top of his class.  Not too many average and even above average folks qualify for C school directly after A school and get offered mine sweeper duty.  To beat it all, he is going to be stationed about 100miles from his home town (original home town).  That in itself takes some seroious knee pads or some hard work. 

He wants permission from someone to be allowed to come back to the board.  Im not sure who else he talks to and such but i have no rank or pull on here, just passing on the message.

anyway,, good job so far, hats off to you.

Reply #55
Quote from: jcassity;222119
He called again yesterday and is doing well.

He has the a very high score in his class and gets done with A school in about two weeks.  From the set of orders he has,, Id say he is doing really well and he is top of his class.  Not too many average and even above average folks qualify for C school directly after A school and get offered mine sweeper duty.  To beat it all, he is going to be stationed about 100miles from his home town (original home town).  That in itself takes some seroious knee pads or some hard work. 

He wants permission from someone to be allowed to come back to the board.  Im not sure who else he talks to and such but i have no rank or pull on here, just passing on the message.

anyway,, good job so far, hats off to you.

he's got my vote

I think he has earned another chance with the board. Probably matured a lot. I know the military has done that to me.
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #56
I'd say he's learned a valuable lesson in life by being banned. After all, the kid does love the fox body. So if it helps at all, he has my vote. I,m sure all of us here have made more than enough mistakes that we regret.

Reply #57
yeah, but if he hasn't made ammends with those he fouled (both monitarily and emotionally), he shouldn't be given the "keys" to the board

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #58
Quote from: mywifeskitty;222158
yeah, but if he hasn't made ammends with those he fouled (both monitarily and emotionally), he shouldn't be given the "keys" to the board

I am all for seacond chances but first I think he should make good with everyone he did wrong. That should be the deciding factor. In all honesty I don't see him getting un-banned soon though. he dug a really really really deep hole. Just my :2c:
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #59
Quote from: cougar86_89;222160
I am all for seacond chances but first I think he should make good with everyone he did wrong. That should be the deciding factor. In all honesty I don't see him getting un-banned soon though. he dug a really really really deep hole. Just my :2c:

+1