Skip to main content
Topic: who' name shall not be spoke (Read 5791 times) previous topic - next topic

who' name shall not be spoke

The one who's name shall not be spoken had completed boot camp and is now part way through his EN  "A" school for the Navy.

He called the house tonight and we talked for a little while then he had to go.

So i suppose things are getting pretty relaxed in the military now a days, He said in boot, they got a half hour to eat!!!

Reply #1
Quote from: jcassity;210924
The one who's name shall not be spoken had completed boot camp and is now part way through his EN  "A" school for the Navy.

He called the house tonight and we talked for a little while then he had to go.

So i suppose things are getting pretty relaxed in the military now a days, He said in boot, they got a half hour to eat!!!

WHAT?!

I never got to finish a meal until my last week in Basic. Wow...

I talked with him a bit too though I am happy for him. I respect him for taking the oath and joining the Military. Hopefully its a big step forward!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #2
yeah he has talked with me on AIM a few days ago....  sounds like he has really turned around.  I always finished my meals, but that was because I ate like a vacspooge.  we generally only had 5-10 minutes to sit and eat.

Reply #3
He said in boot, they got a half hour to eat!!!

I see he still fibs....Either that or he can't tell time. 

I became very good at eating a lot in under 3 minutes in boot camp.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
Wow
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #5
i went to air force boot camp in 93.....  it was the start of the "don't ask don't tell" "make them feel good" military....  we got about 20-30 minutes to eat (but we couldn't talk... eyes foreward) and the TI's (instructors) WERE NOT ALLOWED TO CUSS AT US!!!!  talk about a "strong" military.....  needless to say, i was disapointed.....  nothing like a good kick in the ass to alter your perception......  that's what i was looking for.... i never got it

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #6
Yep. Basic in Ft Benning Ga was not any better.

The DS would walk along the tables with a stop watch.  3 Minutes from the time your azz touched the seat.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #7
i went to air force boot camp in 93..... it was the start of the "don't ask don't tell" "make them feel good" military.... we got about 20-30 minutes to eat

Air Force '96.....361 TRS.....3 minute meals....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #8
Are you sure he isn't making it up? I was in boot in 03 and we sure as hell didn't have more then 10 minutes to eat, and that was towards the end. We all learned how to power down slog in under 3 the first few weeks!

Reply #9
Mmmm.... slog... sounds delicious.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #10
yeah. a bud of mine said that bootcamp in the marines wasnt all that bed. the DI cant even swear at you anymore. wouldnt want to hurt anybodys feelings you know.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #11
Voldemort is in boot camp?

Reply #12
Quote from: shame302;210972
yeah. a bud of mine said that bootcamp in the marines wasnt all that bed. the DI cant even swear at you anymore. wouldnt want to hurt anybodys feelings you know.

That is just plain sad.  How the hell are you supposed to expect a kid to pull the trigger when it counts if you coddle him?:mad:
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #13
Quote from: Birdman;210974
That is just plain sad.  How the hell are you supposed to expect a kid to pull the trigger when it counts if you coddle him?:mad:

well the same "people" (fill people in with your word of choice) that get disturbed for lack of a better word from the verbal "abuse" are in the same group as the "people" that say grading papers in red ink isn't right because it makes the kids feel dumb... well if you didnt know the answer and got it wrong then you didnt study=DUMB! I am a hypocrite (sp) on this because i am not joining any armed forces but if i did i would expect hard cruel conditioning, not having that would seem like going to play a football game yet you have been practicing for frisbee golf. And do they think that this is going to make them stronger if they were to be taken as a POW? Like i said i might be out of place since I;m not in nor do i plan on joining the military.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #14
Quote from: mywifeskitty;210944
i went to air force boot camp in 93.....  it was the start of the "don't ask don't tell" "make them feel good" military....  we got about 20-30 minutes to eat (but we couldn't talk... eyes foreward) and the TI's (instructors) WERE NOT ALLOWED TO CUSS AT US!!!!  talk about a "strong" military.....  needless to say, i was disapointed.....  nothing like a good kick in the ass to alter your perception......  that's what i was looking for.... i never got it

2004 322 TRS

3 Min Meals until the last week.

Also when we first got there a TI told us they were not allowed to cuss at us and then yelled "does anyone have a FU#KING PROBLEM WITH THAT!?" I actually found that bit quite humorous but obviously I did not laugh. Most of the time they did not Cuss though. It was always WHAT THE PISS?!
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)