Skip to main content
Topic: winter resurrection progression (Read 13007 times) previous topic - next topic

winter resurrection progression

Reply #90
makes sense! that car is gonna be sooo freaking sweet
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #91
I see I'm not the only Guinness fanatic!!  Keep up the good work.
1987 TC

Reply #92
That is some nice plumbing you've made there.
Very impressive I must say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #93
Wow That is one awesomley ambitious project!  I really love the IRS!
Cant' wait to see it finished!
\m/__\m/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #94
For some reason, and I have no idea why, I had it in my mind you were doing a 4.6 swap.  Can I interest you in a swedish accent for that four pot?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #95
Quote from: t3skidoo;218004
For some reason, and I have no idea why, I had it in my mind you were doing a 4.6 swap.
1badbird has an IRS and is doing a 4.6 swap....maybe you were thinkin of him? have you driven your car with the IRS swap yet?

Quote from: t3skidoo;218004
Can I interest you in a swedish accent for that four pot?
the thought has crossed my mind, and it may be a possibility in the future.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #96
Technically, yes I've driven it but not enough to get a feel for it beyond knowing the MM spring choice is too stiff for me.

The last of of the suspension work is getting done today - w00t! -  SFCs, Chuck's crossbraces, pads to the rear subframe, torque boxes, and misc detail work. 

They're also going to verify the brake master cylinder is functioning properly.    It's either that or the adj rod is too long, in either case, the car should be drivable next week.  I'll keep you posted.

As for the Volvo stuff, one of the guys on the list lives near me and we've been working on some things for the swap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #97
very cool. definitely keep me updated on both!

Reply #98
the exhaust system routing is finalized, and the tubes are all welded up.

i built the hangers tonight, and marked them out on the tubing. all that left to finish the exhaust is to pull everything back off, weld the hangers on, and paint the welded areas.

where did i put that list.....

Reply #99
boy, it doesn't leave ya much room for exhaust does it?
1987 TC

Reply #100
3" pipe take up quite a bit of space :mullet:

Reply #101
Is that as far as you're going with the exhaust pipe(s)?  I might have to copy you on that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #102
yup, thats the end. i dont generally run tailpipes on my stuff.

if you are gonna copy it, all i bought new was 4 mandrel 45's w/5" legs, and that was enough to get from the turbo to the swedged transition you see in the pics.
recycled parts included a 2.5" inlet to 3" adapter ball  at the turbo(thanks chuck), about 18" of straight 3" pipe and a dynomax ultraflow 6" round ler, plus the turndown.

Reply #103
Sweet!  Less is more, esp when it comes to weight and cost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #104
heres another lil part i fabbed up today. "cold air" inlet pipe.

its a simple 3" mandrel 90 poked thru, and bolted to, the inner fender placing the filter outside the engine bay.

the exhaust is 100% complete and on the car
the drivers side fender liner has been installed for the first time in nearly two years
if i could manage to remember to bring home the rivet gun....i could put my antenna block off plate on the passenger fender, and now that the air inlet is done i can reinstall that fender liner as well.