Skip to main content
Topic: winter resurrection progression (Read 13015 times) previous topic - next topic

winter resurrection progression

Reply #60
Quote from: booksix;200370
I was just looking at your battery pics.  Did you get a hold down on it?  I was curious what you used...

here ya go.

built a tray to set the battery in

the jury is still out on the current tie down. i will probly be re-engineering this part of my setup before the car ever goes on track. the summit piece is not up to the task, IMO.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #61
can you feel the motivation??!!!?!?!?

should be gettin some tubing delivered tomorrow to go with the couplers and clamps. :D

Reply #62
nice work!!  I love the way it looks dropped down that far.  I may end up doing that to mine, but it bottoms out enough as it is.  What is your plan for this car?  Also what turbo you running or planning on. j/w

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

Reply #63
mine would not be this low w/o correctin the geometry. one cure for bottomin out is higher spring rates.
the car will be used for a summer beater, autoX, and open track.
gonna shake everything down with the IHI for now, swap to a junkyard hybrid, after that...who knows...

Reply #64
Gumby, get rid of that rust while your in there. Its freaking me out.
I have nightmares of that stuff now. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #65
Gumby, I like what you're doing with the intercooler.  I had that idea as well and was wondering anyone if else had tried it.  I also thought about doing a v-mount set up with the intercooler and the rad, like this: http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/power-enterprise-wrx-sti-vmount-intercooler-pi-2580.html?image=0&osCsid=55545498ea9db8992ab4c2fe7d01fb8c or this http://www.knightsports.co.jp/catalog/pict/v-mout-003.jpg
  I'm also digging how you're using the hood scoop holes as heat extractors.  Keep up the good work, and keep the progress pics comming!

Reply #66
Quote from: YouAreABus;207008
I'm also digging how you're using the hood scoop holes as heat extractors.
i was wonderin if anyone caught that ;) i hope they work....wont know till i get to drive it

found a couple boxes on the porch today

3" exhaust tubing

2.5" IC tubing

4" elbow for my custom upper intake

modded my IC to single inlet this afternoon as well

Reply #67
You sir are a artist, and that is one of the baddest TC's ever!! I'm glad to have contributed a very small part to that car!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #68
modded my steering wheel adapter cause it put the wheel too close to me. while i was buildin i went ahead and offset the wheel similar to the stock TC offset.
before, to show how deep the supplied adapter was:

new adapter:

got the brackets roughed out and the IC mounted, just need to add a couple gussets, a bridge to mount the secondary latch for the hood, then finish weld it

and here is the progress on the exhaust:

:burnout:

Reply #69
Did your car have cruise control and are you planning on keeping it?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #70
most of my cruise components found the trash can a long time ago

Reply #71
progress has been a lil slow, but i am still progressing.

one IC pipe is finished

the other side is half done; waitin on me to finish the new upper intake.

tacked up and test fit

Reply #72
Wow, that's alot of IC tubing.

You mounting the TB out on the end of that elbow?  I guess getting back a bit of plenum volume?

Work faster ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #73
yeah, with the IC bottom mounted, it takes a bit more tube to get out there than my last FMIC setup. i hope my BOV is up to the task...

i am gonna cut the intake back a bit, the TB will be pretty much over top the p/s pump. yes, im tryin to regain a bit of volume i lost due to the height of the STB. that is a 4" elbow.
if i had to do it again, id probly go with 3.5"; tighter CLR and would match the  a lil nicer.

Quote from: Chuck W;215097
Work faster ;)
im tryin, im tryin. :crazy:

Reply #74
Quote from: gumby;215085

the other side is half done; waitin on me to finish the new upper intake.

Ha, that is a helluva interpretation of a rotated upper.  :burnout: Have you considered using two sections of pipe, one tee'd into the other, so that you've got a vertical pipe feeding the lower intake? 

I don't know enough about fluid dynamics.  Shoulda paid more attention in school.

Are you planning on discharging the IC coolant flow through the hood scoops?  If so, do you have something planned to help ejection?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]