Skip to main content
Topic: winter resurrection progression (Read 13014 times) previous topic - next topic

winter resurrection progression

Reply #30

Are those Explorer Rims?  What size tires are you running on those?

Reply #31
yup. 17" explorer wheels. that was a test fit, i didnt keep them. tires were 235/45/17 IIRC.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #32
I'll check the tire size.  They are in my garage now :hick:
One 88

Reply #33
Quote from: CougarSE;196423
I'll check the tire size.  They are in my garage now :hick:

Well, personally, I think that they look pretty good!

Reply #34
:bowdown:  Gumby nice mods :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:america: An American Restoration. :birdsmily:
1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport (resting)
1993 Mazda Miata 1.6l (daily driver)

Reply #35
gumby,
did you take your headliner out when you were welding inside your car?
If not, how did you protect it from spark burns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #36
i didnt do any welding close enough to the headliner to worry about it. the roll bar is bolt in, and the SFC's didnt cause any problems.

Reply #37
a'ight been workin on a few things, trying to get some loose ends tied up on the rest of the car so i can start on finishin up the engine bay.

finished up the wiring for the diff temp gauge.
ditched my door lock actuators(frozen), and swapped all the locks in the car. i now have a complete, workin, set of turbo keys for it.
removed the ABS and PRC computers from the trunk area. all the wiring is still there. parring the harness will probly be next winters project along with swappin out my horribly cracked dash.
started on a few more aluminum panels for various places around the car.

the PO wrecked the steel ring around the inner shifter boot and cut a hole in the top of the tranny tunnel, so i made a new panel for that area

also started on my door panel filler plates. the PO strikes again; when i got the car one of the arm rest pads was missing, both arm rests were busted, and half the screws were missing. since i am not retainin the power locks, i jus threw the armrests in the dumpster. hopefuly i can finish up my filler plates and get some pics of them tomorrow.

playin with an idea for the hood as well. since im not runnin a TMIC, i dont want the TC scoops in the hood. i was thinkin about findin a smooth hood for it, still might later on. but in the mean time, i built these plates for the openings. not quite finished yet....

Reply #38
as promised, here are a couple shots of my arm rest delete filler panels. a lil more file work in one corner so it fits just so, and this one is done. the other side is not far behind. attach them to the door panels, and done! reassemble the interior, and move on to other projects with the car.

Reply #39
 thats not bad looking!!
Good work!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #40
Quote from: gumby;199532
as promised, here are a couple shots of my arm rest delete filler panels. a lil more file work in one corner so it fits just so, and this one is done. the other side is not far behind. attach them to the door panels, and done! reassemble the interior, and move on to other projects with the car.

Why no arm rests?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #41
Quote from: thunderjet302;199713
Why no arm rests?
Quote from: gumby;199385
when i got the car one of the arm rest pads was missing, both arm rests were busted, and half the screws were missing. since i am not retainin the power locks, i jus threw the armrests in the dumpster.

i didnt wanna hunt down new arm rests, pay money for them, restore them if needed......
since im not using the power locks, i dont see a need to keep the buttons in the doors....
im left handed so i drive with at least my left hand on the wheel, no arm rests needed on the door....

etc. etc.

Reply #42
Quote from: gumby;199728

im left handed

ANOTHER LEFTY?! jesus christ. you guys are everywhere.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #43
Quote from: gumby;199728
i didnt wanna hunt down new arm rests, pay money for them, restore them if needed......
since im not using the power locks, i dont see a need to keep the buttons in the doors....
im left handed so i drive with at least my left hand on the wheel, no arm rests needed on the door....

etc. etc.

Geesh I had two raven ones sitting that I gave to a guy in the Chicagoland T-bird club. I didn't know you need some or I would had let you have 'em for free:hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #44
Quote from: thunderjet302;199995
Geesh I had two raven ones sitting that I gave to a guy in the Chicagoland T-bird club. I didn't know you need some or I would had let you have 'em for free:hick:

well im glad they went to someone who wanted them and will use them.

i wouldnt have.