Skip to main content
Topic: winter resurrection progression (Read 13124 times) previous topic - next topic

winter resurrection progression

Reply #105
Vary Niice!
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #106
it lives.

that is all. :shakeass:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #107
no vids!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #108
Quote from: daboss351;219495
no vids!!

Yeah, you could at least run a mic from the computer to the tailpipe and give us a listen.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #109
Yay!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #110
F'in right!
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #111
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :roxor: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #112
scaled and aligned the car lastnight. i must say, i am in love with the results of this build. feels great to be in a tbird again, and a turboford to boot. :burnout:

car weighs 3369 with 170lbs of ballast in the drivers seat and half a tank of gas. f/r was 52/48 IIRC, and we got the cross perfect at 50% with one small tweak of the front coils.

the alignment went fairly easily using a set of strings and a machinist rule. for some reason i seem to be a bit short on neg. camber in the front. one side is -.75 and the other is -1.0 and they are both maxed out.....i expected more than that with this setup. front toe is 0. rear camber is set to -1.5, and rear toe is 1/16th in.

drives awesome! now i can start tweakin all the lil things; brake bias, boost level, etc. things i couldnt adjust w/o being able to get some real drive time with it.

Reply #113
Pretty good weight and distribution numbers for a street-driven Tbird.  Mine weighs about the same and the F/R is slightly better than mine.  I bet the IRS weight helps you there.

Did the brake issue pop up again after we talked?

Reply #114
Quote from: Chuck W;220194
Pretty good weight and distribution numbers for a street-driven Tbird.  Mine weighs about the same and the F/R is slightly better than mine.  I bet the IRS weight helps you there.

3199 just met my goal of 3200 for this stage of the project. i was happy to see that. the two biggest changes i made wrt the f/r ratio were the IRS and the tubular kmember, so it was nice to see that prove out as well.
Quote from: Chuck W;220194

Did the brake issue pop up again after we talked?

it did. i drove it again with the same result, got it home and gutted the MC. cleaned everything up, and put it back together. ran great all day yesterday w/o issue, then late last night it stuck again. freed it up, then it went no pedal on me......time for a new MC. rolled the dice and lost. ;)

any ideas on my front camber, or lack thereof?

Reply #115
awesome!!! vids!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #116
I'm at 53/47 currently.  I don't think it would take much to swing it further.

Sucks about the MC, but at least it's good to know that's what the problem is and you don't have to chase it around any more.

Reply #117
Excellent job on the weight.  Yours appears to be about 50lb lighter than mine, but I haven't scaled it yet.

What spring rates are you running, and are those stock a/s bars?

Last question (for now), any clue as to how the I/C setup is working?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #118
400lb c/o in front on cobra bilsteins
cobraR conventional rears(750lb) with cobra bilsteins
TC front bar
stock cobra rear bar

the motor stays nice and cool, so i ASSuME the IC is workin good too, but i currently havent collected any hard data to back that up.

Reply #119
Quote from: gumby;220346
400lb c/o in front on cobra bilsteins
cobraR conventional rears(750lb) with cobra bilsteins
TC front bar
stock cobra rear bar

the motor stays nice and cool, so i ASSuME the IC is workin good too, but i currently havent collected any hard data to back that up.

Thanks.  I know you've posted that previously, but couldn't find it when browsing. 

How do the spring rates match up? 

Do you have something to measure the I/C temps?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]