Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160446 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1215
Thanks Jerry. I will figure the rest out. I started in the back today and as I suspected I have to manufacture fuel tank strap supports. One good and one gone. Just going to fig for both. My K member I took it completely apart and put in all new bushings and ball joints. I have the K member put back on the car but still need to get all the other parts on. I have a post I started but have not updated as progress is very very slow going. I will try to get some pics and get them on.

Reply #1216
Todays progress
I think you'll get the idea by looking at the pics

And the new parts of the day

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1217
Are those the factory spindles,or are you going up tp the 11 inch brakes?Nice work so far.I'm proud for you.As soon as I get rotors and a few other pieces,I'm upgrading my front brakes.Right now,after paying Kacie's (our daughter) tuition,money is just an urban legend.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1218
Everything's still factory. I'll do the upgrade when i'm looking for something to do in the future.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1219
what paint product did you use on the k member and engine bay area?

Reply #1220
Lookin good jerry!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1221
everything I painted so far has been zero-rust.
the only 2 things I painted diff on the car were the rear end and the k member. I used rustoleum hammered metal for rusted metal paint. (because of the rust pitting) So far it seems real tough and grabs the rust like zero-rust.

The engine compartment will be painted the same color as the car. Black.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1222
i don't mean to hijack and turn this into a paint over rust discussion / debate.  if i may-  just one quick question for my own edification.  as far as your comments on the rustoleum-  did you mean you wanted to HIDE the pits with the rustoleum?  or did you mean that the rustoleum was CHEMICALLY a better product to use on the pitted metal?  thanks for this thread.  I find myself studying at least some part of it just about everyday lately.

Reply #1223
I used it because it's supposed to be like a rust encapulator. and it hides the pitted metal with the hammered texture. of course I got the rust off and then treated it with pickelx. At least all the rust that I could get to with it being bolted together. Like I said earlier, I'm going to put a tubular front end on in the near future, so I wasn't going to spend as much effort on the k member.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1224
Here's the stuff

which brings me to todays progress

the lower support all degreased and welded on

and painted

Next is welding the brackets in the towers and some hole drilling.
I'm going to get new bolts tomorrow so I can hopefully put it back together this weekend, or mabe even Friday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1225
If this world ends there will be two things left. pen 15roaches and this Cougar.

Reply #1226
Quote from: Ifixyawata;270967
If this world ends there will be two things left. pen 15roaches and this Cougar.

:rollin::rollin::rollin::jerry::jerry:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1227
123 pages read later... my ass is alseep and my scroll is broken

freakin tank of a car dude keep it up
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

Reply #1228
Post-apocalypse battle cruiser cougar FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1229
LOL.... The scroll broke on my mouse too.....

I always wanted to build a "Mad Max" car. That would be fun
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook