Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160451 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1185
Quote from: HAVI;269568
With a Cougar vert, who wants to put the top up? :hick:

yea, I'm adding another 2 bays on the garage so I don't have to put the top up. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1186
Thats awesome great score!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1187
You better finish up the first car!
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1188
Was this a secret? You may need more than 2 bays added.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1189
lol, missed another bunch of pages.
*[insert bookmark here]

Congrats on the vert... GO: :jerry:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #1190
Don't worry, I plan on finishing the first project before I start the next.
Kitz, it was a temporary secret until I got it inspected and replaced a bunch of things. and I think 5 bays total will be enough. ;)

And here we are back to the first project.
finished up the drivers side today
It's getting there.......

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1191
Looks pretty solid now Jerry,keep it up!!

Reply #1192
Are you going to keep it black underhood or paint it body color?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1193
Quote from: thunderjet302;269768
Are you going to keep it black underhood or paint it body color?

Yes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1194
o so the cats out the bag ha....awwww imiss her so much
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1195
Quote from: BEARMAX;269807

yeah it was tough seeing a grown bear cry. :(

Reply #1196
Quote from: BEARMAX;269807

One sale you will regret. Good news is you know where it went and that it will be taken care of.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1197
So back to the grind so to speak

Got some stuff today... struts for the 87 and rear air shocks for the vert. (I keep rubber buffin the wheel wells)

removing the old struts

De-greasing everything to media blast tomorrow

I can't believe there's still paint on this thing.

Just keeping the dream alive.
I guess, now a have even more motivation to finish this car. ;)
That's all for today my friends.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1198
wow!!!  Hey ya know if i had time like you id be more than merry to come help you with youre build,.....  Im sure a couple extra hands couldnt hurt anything......So if the  87 is done this summer you gonna start the vert this winter????? Or you going to give yourself som " drive around and enjoy it time"????
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1199
Bet the oil was the only thing that kept the paint on. I assume you are pulling it all apart then blasting, but it doesnt look to be in that bad of shape as far as rust goes.
1986 Cougar LS