Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160483 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1155
Thank you sir!

That makes more sense. I didnt think of it as before and after with the middle steps missing. Now it all comes together. I think your car might be one of the last of these around in the end.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1156
UMM.. Jerry my man.. I believe you have some explaining to do:

Correct me if my spidey senses are wrong, but it looks like you have another cougar in that garage!

Explain yourself!

Reply #1157
:eek: :eek: :eek: .............................................
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1158
It does kinda reswmble an 86 style,....... front is too flat to be 88
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1159
Kinda Looks like bearmax' vert too, LOL  Look at the top right through that hole... and looks like Cobra rims....  HMMM......  LOL  are we just imagining things?

Reply #1160
Wtf, i dont' think bear ended up selling his vert though.

Reply #1161
Thats Bears for sure. You can see the black top, Cobra rims, so what happened to the black one on eBay....?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1162
So since Project Evolution is taking so long with the upgrading of everything I seem to touch. LOL
I decided to get myself a summer ride while I work on my baby. It'll get me around when I need, and I can have some fun driving a Cougar again.

I bought this back in Feb.
It's an 85 Cougar with 85,000 miles on it. Do you guys think this will work for me until I finish my project?

And Yes, it was previously Bearmax's vert from Florida.
I promised him would take good care of her and restore her back to showroom condition.
It needs a little body work and a full strip and repaint. So there will be another project after my 87 is done.
[SIZE="5"]Project E-2.0[/SIZE] will be coming soon to a forum near you (The 2nd release is always better) LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1163
Quote from: daminc;269516
Project E-2.0 will be coming soon to a forum near you (The 2nd release is always better) LOL

F*ckin' Sweet! I love me a good sequel! :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1164
When do we get to see the T-bird version? ;)

So with two Cougars what happens when they are both finished? Which one do you drive in the summer?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1165
Quote from: thunderjet302;269531
So with two Cougars what happens when they are both finished? Which one do you drive in the summer?

Both, silly! :burnout:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1166
Hey Jerry was that (Vert) your Birthday Present to yourself friend ? :poke:

Reply #1167
LOL
Paul had the answer....... I'd drive the vert on the sunny days and the 87 on the humid overcast days with the air on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1168
Quote from: mercury-man;269539
Hey Jerry was that (Vert) your Birthday Present to yourself friend ? :poke:

I actually bought it for Sheila. She wanted a 67 Cougar vert but I couldn't find one I liked.
We went cruising last sunday afternoon. She said it's a keeper.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1169
Quote from: V8Demon;269538
Both, silly! :burnout:

Quote from: daminc;269540
LOL
Paul had the answer....... I'd drive the vert on the sunny days and the 87 on the humid overcast days with the air on

Geesh you must have a lot of time to drive in the summer. I barely have time to drive my one summer car :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.