Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160491 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1125
OK, it looked lighter than Eastwood's red.  Maybe it's the lighting as well.
1987 TC

Reply #1126
It is just insane what you are capable of doing.

are you going to be spraying the car yourself, or have it done?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1127
I'll be painting it myself
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1128
I'm just in awe. Wow.

Reply #1129
I was actually going to ask you if you were going to do it,,, but you did in post 1122!!!!

That will be the best thing you ever did.  That galley in there holds a lot of  and promotes corrosion.  My 3.8 headlamp harness ran under my battery in that area and a leaky battery didnt do good things to the wiring under the battery. 

scott

Reply #1130
Quote from: jcassity;264699
I was actually going to ask you if you were going to do it,,, but you did in post 1122!!!!

That will be the best thing you ever did.  That galley in there holds a lot of  and promotes corrosion.  My 3.8 headlamp harness ran under my battery in that area and a leaky battery didnt do good things to the wiring under the battery. 

scott

The front part of the frame didn't have much rust on the top. I used to vacuum it out all the time when I would clean the car. Isn't that the silliest thing you ever heard? :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1131
No it's not, because I do the exact same thing!!!!! And if I can't, I get out the air compressor and use that to blast out all the ! :rollin:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1132
I have a hole in that area,, often wondered how fruitless my trying to fix it would be when knowing all too well that the corrosion is up in the tunnel and i couldnt get to it unless i cut the top out.

Reply #1133
Quote from: jcassity;264954
I have a hole in that area,, often wondered how fruitless my trying to fix it would be when knowing all too well that the corrosion is up in the tunnel and i couldnt get to it unless i cut the top out.

Well, when you get it into the garage. I'm sure it will be on the "To Do" list
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1134
Up to 57 pages for me... now I'm caught up. :D

:jerry::jerry::jerry:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #1135
Wow great work:D

Wanna come over and fill all the holes in my engine bay? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1136
Quote from: thunderjet302;265037
Wow great work:D

Wanna come over and fill all the holes in my engine bay? ;)

Send them to me. I'll fill them and send them back. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1137
Ok let me go pull them out and box 'em up :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1138
:hick:  If they get here before Sat, I can get them sent back out by Monday. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1139
got a few pics today....
here's my in between project. I finished our media room yesterday

I may have gone overboard with the TV

Anyway here's this weeks update.
I started on the drivers side frame

I made some cuts and found a little rust

here's a little test fitting

and a little welding

that's it for today
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook