Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160494 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1110
Quote from: Haystack;264163
So when do we get an update? I need a fix...

OK...
 I actually coated the inside of the old frame with zero-rust so I can weld the new parts on...... Mmmmm maybe some pics and welding tomorrow, I'll se what the day is like.
I was building a media room in my basp00get this week. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1111
Quote from: Chooglin;263671
Daminc,I hope you dont mind me using one of your pics.

I would like to know what the purpose of this vacuum ball is for,Is it a resivior? and can it be removed without any issues?

also ties in the hvav. Trace out the tiny black vac line that penetrates the fire wall near the heater core and you find this little hose also leads to the vac ball thing a ma bob.  I would think it helps move the various flaps and doors inside your dash when you select various hvac / blower directions.

Reply #1112
Quote from: jcassity;264207
also ties in the hvav. Trace out the tiny black vac line that penetrates the fire wall near the heater core and you find this little hose also leads to the vac ball thing a ma bob.  I would think it helps move the various flaps and doors inside your dash when you select various hvac / blower directions.

Sorry to continue the derailment Daminc, but I figure I'll set this strait.  Its sole purpose is to keep the blower position door in the driver specified location in low vacuum situations.  It has a check valve that isolates it and the blower door actuator from the rest of the vacuum lines during low vacuum situations.  If this reservoir is removed your blower door will move from any selection (floor, vent) to defrost when you enter a low vac situation, I.E. full throttle or climbing a steep grade.  ATC cars don't have the resevour as the blower door is electronically controlled.

Looking good Daminc, are you on AVSforums yet?
One 88

Reply #1113
Quote from: CougarSE;264331
are you on AVSforums yet?

I'm really not into all that stuff. I used to be, but the older I get, the less effort i want to put into watching tv. I just need a large tv to watch. and a place to keep it.;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1114
Here's some pics guys......
I started the welding.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1115
Quote from: daminc;264339
I'm really not into all that stuff. I used to be, but the older I get, the less effort i want to put into watching tv. I just need a large tv to watch. and a place to keep it.;)

You need to put it in the garage, then you can work and play!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1116
More welding

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1117
Are you gonna smooth out the engine bay, while you're in there? :D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1118
Quote from: cougarman;264560
Are you gonna smooth out the engine bay, while you're in there? :D

Of course i am. I've got this far, what's a little more welding. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1119
Hey, Jerry are you gonna weld "Done By Dr. D" on there somewhere ? :evilgrin: Great Job man :headbang:

Reply #1120
Quote from: mercury-man;264607
Hey, Jerry are you gonna weld "Done By Dr. D" on there somewhere ? :evilgrin: Great Job man :headbang:

That is a cool idea! Since there is so much welding and metal work on the car, it would only be right to weld a personalization on it.

Really makes me want to fit my rust ASAP.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1121
Quote from: daminc;264605
Of course i am. I've got this far, what's a little more welding. ;)

:D :D :D :bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1122
I did  even more welding. Here's what i did in about 3 hrs today.

And here's to show that it's still the same car I've been working on  all this time. :hick:

and it's time for a little paint

I guess it's time to finish one of the last places that need rebuilding. Hopfully I can score a lower rad support to replace mine so I don't have to make one. And then that's it...... Time to do some body work so it can be painted.

next project

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1123
Maybe I missed it, but why does everything look orange?  Is that a rust converter color?  most I've seen is darker red or black.
1987 TC

Reply #1124
Scott, look at the first pic of the first page. That's the color it started. It has no UV protection and it fades pretty fast. It's Eastwood's rust encapulator.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook