Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160505 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1080
Looking good Doc.........The car, not you.........no wait..........I'm gonna shut up now.

Reply #1081
When i was in a band 15 or so, years ago, they called me "Dr. D"

If that helps any. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1082
Humm
Dr Jerry does have a jingle.

New forum sub catagory under "body/appearance/interior" request.................

"Ask Dr Jerry":bowdown:

Reply #1083
Dear DR. D, in the spring my car gets pollen on it, Is there a way to stop this from happening?
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1084
Dear pollen hater,
It would be best to keep your car in the garage all spring. Or start a bee farm to keep it under control.
Dr. D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1085
[SIZE="7"]LMFAO!!!!!![/SIZE] you guys crack me up!!!!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1086
Dear DR.D, i just stopped breathing after smacking my face off the computer desk, from LMFAO, at these posts, what should i do????
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1087
Dr.Jerry,I'll have pics posted soon of the port so you can see the small drop.Nice look,and I can still take a speed bump without sing the bottom of the car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1088
I may have some rust spots to show you to ask for some helpful ideas if you're up to it.

Reply #1089
Quote from: vinnietbird;262753
Dr.Jerry,I'll have pics posted soon of the port so you can see the small drop.Nice look,and I can still take a speed bump without sing the bottom of the car.

oh cool, Mine can use a little lowering
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1090
Quote from: 86XR7project;262759
I may have some rust spots to show you to ask for some helpful ideas if you're up to it.

sure, bring it on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1091
Okay doc, when I got my car it had little bits of surface rust which was taken care of easily but these holes (See below) see to be more serious. I worked at a machine shop a while back and was given I want to say something like 14 Ga. steel? is this too heavy and should I be tpuppies the hole more? I know it will have to be welded (Duh) but it there anything to keep this from occurring in the future?

I know how to do body work in theory, but I can't say I've put it into practice.

Reply #1092
Doctor, Doctor give me the news, I got a bad case of Respect for you!!. I'm done.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1093
watch out for the holes in the fenders around the wheel  well. If there is a hole, I'd bet the whole inside is rotted out.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1094
86XR7project,
It's really hard to tell what's rusted under the primer. It looks as though there's rust spots under it to. The lip on the wheel well is going to be your biggest problem. once it starts rusting between the inner and outer metal, you won't be able to stop the rusting unless you separate the metal and remove the rust or treat it.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I'm out of the US this weekend and checking up on messages.
If you have more pics of the rust, post them and I'll check them out. Try to get some inside and underside pics if you can.

If it looks as bad as the pics look around the well, you may have to replace more then you realize.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook