Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160502 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1095
Wonderful, thats what I was afraid of....

Reply #1096
Quote from: 86XR7project;263000
Wonderful, thats what I was afraid of....

It's totally fixable. You just won't know how bad it is until you get into it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1097
Oh, its bad but not terrible. Its got lots of surface spots that have been grounded down and fixed. Where would be a good place to get some steel from? I'd go through my ex-boss but he's not a fan of me since I quit.

Reply #1098
Well, depending on how much you need and the size, You can get smaller sized pieces at Home Depot and Lowes. I get it there in a pinch after hrs if i need some. your looking at 20-22 gauge for panel repairs. You can get away using either for smaller repairs. the metal on our cars seems to be about 21 Ga.I haven't actually mic'd it but 20 seems too heavy in parts, and 22 seems a bit thiner. also, the front fenders have the same shape as the back. They could also be used with some inner lip modding for patch repairs on the back.

Oh yea, I'm back home again. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1099
Quote from: daminc;263239
Well, depending on how much you need and the size, You can get smaller sized pieces at Home Depot and Lowes. I get it there in a pinch after hrs if i need some. your looking at 20-22 gauge for panel repairs. You can get away using either for smaller repairs. the metal on our cars seems to be about 21 Ga.I haven't actually mic'd it but 20 seems too heavy in parts, and 22 seems a bit thiner. also, the front fenders have the same shape as the back. They could also be used with some inner lip modding for patch repairs on the back.

Oh yea, I'm back home again. ;)

Awesome! Doc, as usual you are a life saver. That helped alot. I'm up for some extra body work.

Reply #1100
Cool,
I hope you have a mig welder
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1101
A friend does so its all good.

Reply #1102
Daminc,I hope you dont mind me using one of your pics.

I would like to know what the purpose of this vacuum ball is for,Is it a resivior? and can it be removed without any issues?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1103
I have to be honest, I have no clue what it does or why it's there. Or even if they exist on V8 cars. I only know that it connects off a T at the end of the vac. line.
Maybe someone else knows what it does. There's supposed to be a vac canister for the heater controls, but I don't think that's it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1104
NOOOOO dont take it off!!! It just like the orange ones on the power lines! You dont want planes to fly too low and hit your thunderbird!!!!! :hick: LOL
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1105
-a/c vaspoogee resv....
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #1106
Quote from: shorangerbird;263822
-a/c vaspoogee resv....

since my AC has been removed,I no longer need this?
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1107
i think it runs the cruse.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #1108
When you turn the engine off or in shifting whereas the vacuum fluctuates, and/or the vacuum disappears.  That reservoir acts  as a last second source for AC controls, brakes, etc...  In short, it provides a steady supply of vacuum at all times....not a bad thing to have.
1987 TC

Reply #1109
So when do we get an update? I need a fix...
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com