Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160704 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #660
looking good!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #661
Quote from: daminc;246050
I found these.
What size should I use?

You may have to do some custom interior work to fit them. but yeh thats what I ment.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #662
Quote from: jcassity;246207
FULL STOP!!!!

this is when you go back to the trunk and let the light come back on in that brilliant mind of yours!!!

stare directly in the trunk dead center of its floor and to the right slightly about 10''.

see any mods you think would be useful?  hint,, post #526

also,, about the bumper,, I meant the bumper cover.

Oh you mean to cut a hole in the floor above the fuel pump to make replacement easier? Why would he want to do that? Wreastling the thing out with a half tank of gas is great fun! :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #663
He won't have to the new pump he puts in will last him 30 yrs.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #664
kitz does have a point, unless I get a dud. or I want to change it for some reason.
I also have access to a fork lift from my neighbor.
The amount of gas in the tank wouldn't be a problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #665
Took care of some loose ends today.
Got my tank out and pulled the pump and sender out.
Well, at least something under my car had paint on it.

Here's removing the pump and sender

Look what I found. the guy that caulked the connector on the tank left me a surprise.

Can't believe there's still a ford tag on this.

And on to the tank supports.
Here's the passenger side.

Here's the drivers side support

Here it is next to the old one

I just need to weld a couple more welding s on, and weld a bolt onto the supports for mounting the straps. (dominator gave me the bolt idea)

That's today's fuel tank adventure. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #666
i love when people with skills use them :)  it's going to be a brand new car when you're done....

on a different note, how do you post so many pics and put words between them in the same post (i'm not one of those with skills :))

OOOH!!!  I'm a Eco Hypermiler :burnout: Not bad for 79mph on the interstate 2hours a day

Reply #667
:jerry:

Wow, and a bunch of pages later, I am back up to date.
Just amazing daminc!

Keep the pics flowing, no matter how small :) !

:bowdown:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #668
Oh, and a question:

Would you be interested in fabricating up a duplicate set of those mounts for the fuel tank?  I'd be interested.
You remember, I did after-all, drop my pocket.  LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #669
Quote from: cougarXLS;246511
Oh, and a question:

Would you be interested in fabricating up a duplicate set of those mounts for the fuel tank?  I'd be interested.
You remember, I did after-all, drop my pocket.  LOL

I thought you fixed your tank problem?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #670
Quote from: mywifeskitty;246499
i love when people with skills use them :)  it's going to be a brand new car when you're done....

on a different note, how do you post so many pics and put words between them in the same post (i'm not one of those with skills :))

I guess there's enough new parts going on to say that it'll be kinda new.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #671
Every time I see the pics of your car,it makes me really glad that my Sport has zero rust,and that the top of my fuel tank and the chassis still looks nearly new.....although it's 22 years old.Thanks for going through all the hard work to make me feel good.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #672
!!!!!!!!!!!!FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i get a picture of a sending unit!

Years ago i changed the fuel pump and pulled the sender also just so i could see how it worked.  I went into the house to refill the coffee and there sits my two rug rats busting on eachother fighting and tugging on my sender!!!!!!!  I had to guess how to bend the rod and trust me  i was dead wrong.

That pic helps a whole lot!!!

right click,,file save as!!!

Reply #673
you need to use a hole saw and cut out large 1'' holes in the lowest point on each one of those fuel tank mounts or they will become buckets of water over time.  That probably what rusted them out in the first place.

Makes me want to check mine out.

Reply #674
Quote from: jcassity;246586
you need to use a hole saw and cut out large 1'' holes in the lowest point on each one of those fuel tank mounts or they will become buckets of water over time.  That probably what rusted them out in the first place.

Makes me want to check mine out.

Yea, I still have a couple things to do. Drain holes, couple more weld s, bolting system that won't rust.
For the most part, they're done and I can get rid of the rust under the old brackets, and coat the entire back end, and then seam seal it. I bought a gallon of Zero-Rust. Should be here next week. Until then, I'll redo the trunk lid, and work my way around the car removing paint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook