Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160703 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #645
I found these.
What size should I use?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #646
If you use a nice aftermarket exhaust,it'll offset the 60 lbs you speak of easily.I am curious of the weight myself.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #647
Do you think it's going to weigh a lot? More than an XR7?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #648
sheshhh,, you had a nice bumper there and i missed out!!!:mad:

Reply #649
With all of the options you're adding,I bet it'll weigh in like any normal,un-modified ,well optioned Bird or Cat.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #650
Quote from: jcassity;246084
sheshhh,, you had a nice bumper there and i missed out!!!:mad:

bumper?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #651
Quote from: vinnietbird;246098
With all of the options you're adding,I bet it'll weigh in like any normal,un-modified ,well optioned Bird or Cat.

This is what I figure too. It'll have most options minus moon roof and a few other things. That leather weighs more then cloth too, you know. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #652
My Sport is light already.I don't really care much about a hundred pounds either way.I'll be having black leather seats.If it was an all out drag car,sure,weight would be a factor,but,since it's a daily driver,a fun car,I want comfort and really cool looking as well.If it costs a few pounds,so be it.I'll be happy.The Sport hasn't been complaining (because she knows paint is coming soon).

Reply #653
today's pics. I put a quick coat of paint in the trunk like the floor.
I also have a couple small holes along side of the supports that support something under the car. I have yet to see a real need for them, other then a place to collect  like the tank supports, and rust. I may just seam seal those couple holes. after all, look at all the holes in the car with plugs in them.
Anyway they're blasted, treated and encapsulated. how much more could they rust.
I did a few random pin holes that way on the floor too

I welded the corner on.
Needs a little tapping here and there, but it's a good fit.

And what would this tread be without a request.
This could work if I cut the back down a little bit.

That todays excitement.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #654
That is coming a long way man!  Keep the pics coming its amazing what you are getting done there.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #655
FULL STOP!!!!

this is when you go back to the trunk and let the light come back on in that brilliant mind of yours!!!

stare directly in the trunk dead center of its floor and to the right slightly about 10''.

see any mods you think would be useful?  hint,, post #526

also,, about the bumper,, I meant the bumper cover.

Reply #656
Wow great work man keep it up!!

Reply #657
I agree with post #526.  Shoulda been a factory option in the first place, lol.
1987 TC

Reply #658
Nice looking hood! Nice find

Reply #659
Sweetness.Keep the Cougar lights.It's the right thing to do.