Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160697 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #615
I rebuilt the entire back from the bodyline down and the inside. If you look close, it doesn't look the same inside to the lip as everyone elses
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #616
It just sunk in
The trunks rust at the hinges?

I removed a little more paint today.
And Yes, there was chip guard under all that. Now I need to realign the doors again. I took more than an 1/8" of fill and chip guard off the bottom of the door panel.

Here's the trunk lid

Here's an old repair. Time to do it the right way

Time to move to the other side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #617
Amazing what you find under paint sometimes.

Reply #618
so thats the repair you told me about
thats not bad at all!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #619
O and btw
your subframe connectors
will fit a mark VII, no mods, since griggs racing tbird subframes fit right in.
Build me a set to buy haha
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #620
Quote from: daboss351;245582
O and btw
your subframe connectors
will fit a mark VII, no mods, since griggs racing tbird subframes fit right in.
Build me a set to buy haha

You have the plans. ;)
I'm sure shipping would be outrageous. Chuck told me it wasn't pretty to ship those types of things
If you were in driving range it would work.

Yes, that's the quick repair I did 10 years ago. did it in an afternoon.
It was the only part of the car that had rust on it. Who knew my car was a rust time bomb waiting to explode.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #621
About shaving, If you do shave something at least do the trunk lock. That way it don't get scratched opening it.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #622
The trunk lock is the one lock I'd get rid of if I welded....which I don't.I can always use the power release.After paint,and with my NOS locks going on,I need rubber keys.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #623
I was looking at that lock and thinking the same thing yesterday.

Couple more pics today
I finished up around the hard to reach areas. Mainly around the windows and upper body line

And started on this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #624
I got one of these to sell if anyone is interested
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #625
idk i got a h pipe shipped to me for 40 bucks... if they were in peices and I welded them might be cheaper. If I make them im sure ill screw up
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #626
Bubba!! you need a dust evacuation system!!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #627
Quote from: daboss351;245671
idk i got a h pipe shipped to me for 40 bucks... if they were in peices and I welded them might be cheaper. If I make them im sure ill screw up

I could send you a pattern made out of light wood.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #628
Quote from: daminc;245683
I could send you a pattern made out of light wood.

Let me know how much youd want for it and do it up!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #629
Quote from: daboss351;245777
Let me know how much youd want for it and do it up!

Just shipping.
I'll put it together with screws, and cut it in half for shipping.
I'll make it so you can put it together full length when you get it.

This way, it there's a slight diff. in frame, you can adjust it to fit yours.

How does that sound?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook