Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160563 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #555
I just want see it done, I'm sure you would to.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #556
I love this thread.It makes me see how puny my car's bodywork needs really are. LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #557
looking great man!!
Makes me almost wanna tackle my body work now...
Nahhhhhh
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #558
looking great man!!
Makes me almost wanna tackle my body work now...
Nahhhhhh
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #559
Well, I didn't get any reaction from the earlier post, so I guess I'll keep updating as I go.
Heres another pic like the last, with less paint on it. LOL
Makes that seam a litter harder to see with no paint around it.

I thought I would have time today but ended up painting the house before the holidays.
There wasn't much progress in the last pics. I was testing out my bodywork tools that I've had since I was 18. Looks like everything is still in working order. also had to relocate my water separator farther from the compressor.
Let the stripping begin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #560
no reaction my ass,,
Me and the boys look forward to this thread.

Reply #561
I look forward to looking in this thread too! I cant belive the spots that you have rust in........especially that one area above the taillight in the above pic... looks rough..
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #562
Looks like you're missing part of the rear quarter near the deck lid;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #563
I'm cutting it off and welding a new section on. The back tip is the same on birds, so I'll use the rest of the quarter panel for that.
I can just imagine the rust I'm going to find under the paint.
I found a little so far.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #564
Here it is. the very back end is the same if you tip it.
If it doesn't work, I'll just make my own.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #565
I bet you're going to have to make your own. ;)  You can handle it though. How's the rest of the under body looking as far as panel replacement goes?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #566
Quote from: thunderjet302;244021
I bet you're going to have to make your own. ;)  You can handle it though. How's the rest of the under body looking as far as panel replacement goes?

The rest is looking great.
I started blasting the first scaly rust layer off.
Here's some pics after an hour and a half of blasting.

I'll be cutting off the tank brackets and make new ones.
there's a little swiss cheese around the brackets that also needs fixing. so I'll weld on new metal so the brackets are nice and strong.
other than that, there's nothing to serious to fix under here.
The next pass should get rid of the rust.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #567
o mine next mine next!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #568
do you need a brand new gas tank and straps?? I need cash like no tomorrow, and have a new tank/straps under the blue car...(same as bird cougar)
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #569
My tank is good and I was going to make new straps, sorry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook