Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160557 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #525
I would actually call them holes behind the towers. the tower themselves are fine.

Here's today's adventure.

Someone did a little repair, I guess you can call it.
many years ago, around 95, I had my tank replaced.

Hey look, paint

So I made myself a little blasting room.

And then stopped slackin and went to work..

That's it for today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #526
Nows a good time to take care of the brake lines to.
Was your firt born created in that car or something? that your goin through all this.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #527
Wow,that's insane.You'll have to keep this car FOREVER.I thought I put a ton of work into my Sport.Nothing compared to yours.You RAWK !!!! I spent about an hour sanding and applying a little filler on the Sport.More tomorrow after work.I really need to post pics.You're doing great Jeddy.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #528
Vinnie, I honestly don't spend a lot of time on the car. yesterday was only an hour at most. most of the work I do is usually and hour after I work.  Pull out those air tools you'll do a lot of work in a very short time.

kitz, I plan on doing all the lines that need it front to back, including E-brake. And no, no one was created in the car, (not that I know about) The 80s were a wild time for me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #529
how's it feel to find out what you paid for years ago was repaired like that and you wasnt told,,ie-gas tank.

Hows that blasting working out in your opinion?  Also, are you using a gun that shoots any media?  Ive often thought about doing drop plastic like that and when I run out of media, i can just bunch up the plastic on the floor to collect it all back up again for reuse.

Nice work, it becomes a part of your life after doing it as long as you have.  Ive never taken a car to parade rest like this, lucky for you its just another ride in the park.  For me, i would be insane trying to get too much done too quickly.

Reply #530
Quote from: jcassity;242639
how's it feel to find out what you paid for years ago was repaired like that and you wasnt told,,ie-gas tank.

Hows that blasting working out in your opinion?  Also, are you using a gun that shoots any media?  Ive often thought about doing drop plastic like that and when I run out of media, i can just bunch up the plastic on the floor to collect it all back up again for reuse.

Nice work, it becomes a part of your life after doing it as long as you have.  Ive never taken a car to parade rest like this, lucky for you its just another ride in the park.  For me, i would be insane trying to get too much done too quickly.

I kinda expected that. The same guy turned up my idle instead of replacing the TPS, and in turn overheated my car which in turn caused head gasket failure and a blown radiator, All because I didn't have time to fix the TPS myself.

The blasting is great, I'm using black beauty slag at the moment. I noticed it doesn't get into the pitting as good as aluminum oxide.
I may have to change back, although the slag is a lot cheaper. I also collect it up and sift it through a screen. It lasts a long time doing it like that.
I've got a $18 bucket blaster and a gravity feed siphon blaster, they both use any media, and they both work about equal in comparison
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #531
Air tools..............aaaaaaah yes....I keep for getting about those.You'll be happy to know that they will be out soon so I can install my new strut bushing assemblies,and install the spare differential soon as well.Pics of that stuff when it happens.I am like you as far as spending time with the sport,an hour here,an hour there.I figure every hour I'm sanding or whatever is still an hour closer to finishing.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #532
Well, just my opinion but from what I noticed, play sand works in the pits. the regular pool or beach sand is a little too big where as the play sand is super tiny particles.

I dont know much about sand but ill bet its graded like gravel sizes and such.

Reply #533
If you use play sand, you need to use a supplied breathing system.
That silica dust will take 20-30 years off your life.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #534
Quote from: vinnietbird;242649
Air tools..............aaaaaaah yes....I keep for getting about those.You'll be happy to know that they will be out soon so I can install my new strut bushing assemblies,and install the spare differential soon as well.Pics of that stuff when it happens.I am like you as far as spending time with the sport,an hour here,an hour there.I figure every hour I'm sanding or whatever is still an hour closer to finishing.

Yep, sometimes I get a lot of hours free being self employed. Sometimes I don't get any for a month or 2.
Fortunately winter time has more hours free then summer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #535
yeah, i wouldnt blast without a 3m mask.

Reply #536
Holly ,, i just remembered.

Product sold at lowes in the paint department.  Its a spray on paint remover made by "Jasco".  I gotta dig up one of my old threads where i used it. 

I found out by accident that not only did it remove paint but it also removed corrosion.  In place of the corroded area, it left behind black discoloration where it ate away the rust.  I was totally amazed at its perfromance.  To beat all, its fast acting.

ahh,,,
here is the link.
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=8960&page=2&highlight=jasco
I gotta see if i have a pic of the product in my engine swap thread.

Reply #537
Quote from: jcassity;242661
yeah, i wouldnt blast without a 3m mask.

You had better read the back of the package the mask came in not very many protect you from silica.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #538
We have particulate masks at work that protect you from the tiniest trash.I'll see if I can grab you a box Jeddy.

Reply #539
Quote from: vinnietbird;242675
We have particulate masks at work that protect you from the tiniest trash.I'll see if I can grab you a box Jeddy.

Cool, although I don't use actual sand for blasting and I always use a mask under my hood. There's also dust around doing bodywork, grinding and sanding that I'm going to do a lot of right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook