Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160561 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #540
Small update today
Started to get rid of the rust and paint on the back end today.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #541
Isn't this like evolution 2 and 3 now!!, just kiddin buddy.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #542
It's an evolution revolution (Only someone my age or slightly older will understand that).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #543
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #544
Here are some pics I found on the first day that I decided to fix my car. I'm not sure what I was thinking. but it should have been "RUN NOW". That was one year ago today
Here's what I saw after I took it apart.

This is one of the first pics I ever posted

This may be the only pic that I have of my car before it became the Flintstone car. This is right before the interior came out.

And it just got worse from the start

I think that's all the pics that I have of the car before it became what it is now. Still looking for the original pics of her when I first brought it home, but I think they're long gone.

Enjoy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #545
pop those filter screens out of the cowl near the wiper arms ,check and see if you have a water leak in there.  that one pic of the driver floor board seems to show a corrosion path up over the trans tunnel / fire wall weld.

Reply #546
Wow man you have come a long way in a year! it's awesome to see the progress on pics, but even more awesome to see in person! Keep it up man

Reply #547
Quote from: jcassity;243034
pop those filter screens out of the cowl near the wiper arms ,check and see if you have a water leak in there.  that one pic of the driver floor board seems to show a corrosion path up over the trans tunnel / fire wall weld.

I've noticed that before.
It's on my things to do list when I blast the front. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #548
Quote from: daminc;242995

Wow.......I'm impressed !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #549
Quote from: baxo;243044
Wow man you have come a long way in a year! it's awesome to see the progress on pics, but even more awesome to see in person! Keep it up man

If you keep coming over to see it, I'll have to put some tools in your hands and you can help. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #550
Quote from: vinnietbird;243066
Wow.......I'm impressed !!!!

I'll bet I was more impressed with myself actually remembering something from 1968. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #551
Aaaaaah the good old days.I'm not old,but I'm not as young as I used to be.Luckily,I still have my real hair and all my teeth (minus two wisdom teeth),and can still run circles around any of our kids.I'd like to go back to the early 80's knowing what I know now.CHA-CHING !!!!!!!!!

Reply #552
Wow a year already? You need to hurry up ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #553
How's it going? Any progress gonna happen today? I'm going out in an hour or so to get crack-a-lackin' on the Sport.

Reply #554
There's always progress, but sometimes it's not noticable in pics, until something looks totally different. It's probably going to be that way for a while. I'm not sure anyone want's to see a pic of 6 more inches of paint removed from a panel. It'll pretty much look like the last pic, just a little less paint. LOL

If everyone is into the step by step pics, I'll gladly post them as I strip the car. But I don't want to bore anyone either.
It's up to everyone on that. Let me know if I should or not, because I do have some after the last batch
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook