Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161041 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2640
I saw those on facebook....still great. Making some serious progress. I was off today and did nothing. I should have taken advantage of the nice weather.Oh well,maybe next Wednesday on my next day off. Keep it up Jerry.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2641
the intake looks awesome.I did the same thing,no mold lines,and cut fins.......I did add an FPV logo to mine,though. I think I'm going to paint Ford blue in the recessed areas and re-apply the FPV. That way,the intake will match the engine a little better. I'll do it next week if the weather permits. On the vacuum tube coming from the front of the upper intake,I cut mine off a lot. That vacuum went to the passenger side on mine.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2642
It's looking better all the time :D

The front end should settle down after you drive it a couple of miles .
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2643
Jerry I bought a set of CHE adjustable lower control arms for my 'bird to get rid of the squat on the rear end.  They raised it up nicely for me.

Your car is coming together beautifully!
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #2644
Quote from: hypostang;340695
It's looking better all the time :D

The front end should settle down after you drive it a couple of miles .

I don't think it's gonna...I was standing on the rad support jumping up and down, and it wasn't even moving....I'm about 215, and it was like jumping on the concrete floor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2645
Quote from: 50tbrd88;340701
Jerry I bought a set of CHE adjustable lower control arms for my 'bird to get rid of the squat on the rear end.  They raised it up nicely for me.

Your car is coming together beautifully!

thanks, the back looks squatty compared to the back because the tires are huge and the front is up
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2646
Quote from: daminc;340707
I don't think it's gonna...I was standing on the rad support jumping up and down, and it wasn't even moving....I'm about 215, and it was like jumping on the concrete floor.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't come down at least some, every time I have ever R&Rd an engine the car sat real high until it was driven a mile or so .
Something about the geometry resetting or something.

l however, have been wrong many times in my life ;)
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2647
That engine really wants some 24lb injectors....
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2648
Your still missing some weight up front, battery rad etc. With them springs it should settle a little lower. I also thought mine would to but it didn't.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2649
I hope so... because my 200 lbs didn't budge it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2650
Quote from: Kitz Kat;340810
I also thought mine would to but it didn't.

yours is still high too?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2651
With the moog springs in I think it is, I have the mach 1's I didn't put in yet, Can't find my spring compressor. Kidding don't need it for that.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2652
What's up no new news. You had to have done something!

Reply #2653
True,it has been a long time.Surely you opened the hood,closed a door,twisted a screw tight.......walked by it.......something.

Reply #2654
Nothing new...... I did walk past it the other day..... I got it on rollers pushed into the end of the garage with no door  (Where I had the vert last year). The vert is in the bay where the 87 was all summer.... Nothing going to happen until after the 1st of the year... there's a ton of dust on it too. lol
I don't have any time to even look at it until Jan, I also need a diff set of headers. The others won't fit on either side. Also need an intake spacer and a ton of other things to finish.. I got the motor in, and that's all I was worried about this year.. I also haven't been on here much since we upgraded.... I may do some body work on the vert, seeing that I have everything I need for that, and it won't cost anything..... and find parts for the 87 in the meantime. I'm not really fond of working on motors, so the vert has more interest to me at the moment anyway... it happens when it happens... I really need to make friends with someone close to me to finish the motor stuff on the 87....lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook