Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161042 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2655
Too bad we are not closer!  I like motor stuff, but not interested in body work.  Symbiotic relationship we could have. :)

Reply #2656
New grille for the Cougar.
All evil looking now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2657
It kinda looks like a Marader (spelling?). Looks good!

Reply #2658
A little bit sinister. .Mr. Vader,your car is almost ready.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2659
Love it! Looks great!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'86 Turbo Thundercat (Cougarbird)
'02 TrailBlazer LT 4x4
'08 Chevy Cobalt

Reply #2660
I still have my original grille if I want to go back. It's still in real good condition.
I actually got the idea from a Grand National
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2661
Here's what I've been modeling my car after......The car I couldn't afford back in 87
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2662
My Boss has one, it's such a nice car and he doesn't have any interest in it. It just sits. We told him to put his gulf clubs in it so he'd at least drive it to the course, but he doesn't. I'm sure he's sell it but he hasn't tryed to yet.

Reply #2663
I see there's one sitting outside at the shop down the road from me. no plates on it either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2664
I'd really like to take my boss's for a ride. He's had some work done to it and a computer chip put in. I guess he got on it pretty good once and it scared him pretty bad.

Reply #2665
Quote from: daminc;340812
yours is still high too?

im interested in how to fix this to.  just put new shocks on the rear thinking that was the problem and its not.
I dont wanna put adjustable parts up front so i am going to focus on the rear end and add a bracket inside the factory brackets to raise the orientation of my rear shocks.

the squat thing looks like  on my car,, and i dont think you will settle with it on yours either.

Reply #2666
I was planning on doing shocks on my car too. The rear sits way low. I also have tools I cart around in the back. It gets pretty bad sometimes.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2667
I'm going to put air shocks in. I got them in the vert, and they are working great to keep the rear high enough so that I don't rub the wheel wells with the tires. I won't know how the front is until everything is together, and I actually drive it for a bit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2668
I would like to get air shocks. I have some sn-95 springs for the car too. Just trying to figure out what the best thing to do with my car at this point is.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2669
I think Vinnie has those and air shocks in his, If I remember correctly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook