Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161036 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2625
Did you get the starter I was talking about? I'm ordering one for the Sport around the first of November.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2626
Quote from: vinnietbird;339792
Did you get the starter I was talking about? I'm ordering one for the Sport around the first of November.

Yes, I ordered that one. Thanks again for the link
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2627
You're welcome. I got to thinking about it,and I could use another one,and for the price,it's a great deal.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2628
Quote from: daminc;339803
Yes, I ordered that one. Thanks again for the link

I've got my mini-starter on as well!

Reply #2629
Quote from: Watchdevil;339820
I've got my mini-starter on as well!

What is the benefit of a mini starter other than space?
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2630
weight, torque. all around good looks..lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2631
Quote from: hypostang;339829
What is the benefit of a mini starter other than space?

Like Jerry stated,weight is a big deal...it's half the weight,and twice as powerful. It does sound like a Mopar starter,but you get used to it after a while (took me a couple of months).LOL. Also,it saves a LOT of space to make it easier to get to exhaust if you need to on the passenger side.The only difference in hook up is you move the starter wire over one on the solenoid,and add one wire from the starter,to the original position of the first starter wire.Takes a minute..

Reply #2632
and I figured that if I put the old one back in...It would stop working within a week. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2633
At this point,there's no reason to bolt on old used parts to a basically new engine.

Reply #2634
Things that happened while we were on intermission....
If you are my friends on Facebook, then you already know about this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2635
more

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2636
more pics...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2637
This thread should give our new host a little use
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2638
Look Vinnie, no mold lines and cut out the fins where the bracket was on the side of the intake...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2639
And the car is still high in the front.....Oy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook