Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161032 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2595
Don't you need to flip the shifter arm on that one? I can't remember how mine was.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2596
Quote from: Kitz Kat;337732
Don't you need to flip the shifter arm on that one? I can't remember how mine was.

I still have to see about that. let you know later today after I look at my old AOD (thinking the bolts are also with it). if they match, it needs to be flipped. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2597
I have one of each kind, I can take a look if needed.
1987 TC

Reply #2598
It says on Coolcats, that the arm needs to be pointing down for floor shifter, and the column shift will points sideways.... looks like I'm good to go for that..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2599
I'll look at mine to it's at work.It might be right I can't remember.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #2600
just looked at my old aod. It's flipped up...... opposite of the new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2601
Ok, Jerry, come clean. Where did you hide the flux capacitor? Or was the wrinkle in the space-time continuum untintentional?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #2602
Lol.. I hate when that happens.....We like to call that "folding space"
I got this new medical grade sealed keyboard last year, and I still can't get the hang of the keys. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2603
the aod  from the column shift 3.8

and I think this is the last of the parts.....

I'm going to twist up some brake lines next..... and it will be time to put that baby in. But that won't happen until at least the 23rd of this month I'm going away for a bit first. If I have time I'll do the brake lines before I leave.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2604
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;337745
Ok, Jerry, come clean. Where did you hide the flux capacitor? Or was the wrinkle in the space-time continuum untintentional?

What is really amazing is  October 25th is the day that Marty McFly went back in time , wow :D
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #2605
and, I didn't type 25 when I updated
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2606
I looked at my shifter and it's down. so yours is right.

Reply #2607
Quote from: Kitz Kat;338139
I looked at my shifter and it's down. so yours is right.

Finally..... Something I didn't have to re-do, repair, or rebuild.. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2608
So I figured I could bolt the AOD to the motor today.....
First I had to modify the lift plate.....

then after I got the motor off the stand, I realized that I was missing a bolt because the last person that put the C6 in the car, didn't put all the bolts in the flexplate. So now this is what I have until saturday when i have more time....... still parts everywhere and no closer to putting it in..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2609
Closer by the day.Everything is looking great. A couple of questions....are you using the high torque mini starter? You are using the correct bolts for the flexplate.right?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..